can't let it be

Ⓡ︎Ⓞ︎Ⓢ︎Ⓔ︎Ⓜ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓡ︎Ⓨ︎

I felt my body lift for David to carry me bridal style. I closed my eyes as tears continued to pour from my eyes. We got to my bedroom and I heard him sing for the first time, taking me by surprise.

I laid my head on his shoulder as he softly rocked me to sleep. I eventually got sleepy and went to sleep.

𝘿𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙙

I looked down to Rosemary and seen her sleeping. I tucked her in and got ready to start off my day. I got dressed and walked back in Rosemary's room to check on her.

Looks like I came back in time because she started screaming as if she was in pain

Looks like I came back in time because she started screaming as if she was in pain. "DAVID, DON'T LET ME GO! DON'T LEAVE ME" she screamed.

I quickly jogged to her and rubbed her arm gently, making her calm down. "I'll never leave you" I said in her ear softly before walking out. I wrote a note for her and stuck it on the freezer.

I walked out the house and went to my original house. It's no better than that one, but it's fine. I grabbed my work phone and called her foster care. "Hello!

This is Dia, how may I help you?" The woman said. "Hi, I'm sorry to call this time of morning. I was wondering if I could get a file on Rosemary Silver" I said.

"Who is this calling?" She asked. "This is David Brown, I'm a social worker" I said. "Give me a moment please" she told me. I sat on the couch and waited.

My wife, Disa came downstairs with a glare and folded her arms. Here we go with this shit again, always thinking I'm cheating when kids need help.

The woman came back on the phone. "Okay, so Mr. Brown, I'll be able to send you the file on Rosemary T. Silver. Just come by whenever you're ready and I'll hand it to you" she said.

I thanked her before hanging up. I turned to my wife. "Before you even start, I ran into a teenager that was in danger with her foster parent.

She's under my care now and I don't want to hear nothing from you. I suggest that you go back to bed before I do you like I did her stepmom, and I don't mean fucking" I told her.

She looked me up and down in horror and went back to bed. How in the hell can that shut her ass up but anything else I say she gotta keep talking my ears off?

I shook my head and went to bed. I hope I'm not catching feelings for Rosemary when I barely even know her. She's a sweet girl, but I don't think she likes me.