13

Y/n's POV

Bruno may have been acting weird about the vision he had been holding, but Y/n had completely forgotten about that.

All that she could think about right now was Bruno's hand holding hers as they walked through town. Bruno wouldn't tell her where they were going, but soon enough they stopped at her favorite restaurant in Encanto.

Y/n hadn't thought Bruno would remember something like this, but unbeknownst to her, Bruno had carefully preserved every memory of her, replaying them in his mind when he thought they might be growing foggy.

"I didn't think you remembered this place," she started.

"It's your favorite- or- um- at least- it was, last I knew of?" Bruno said, stumbling over his words.

"It still is," Y/n replied with a small laugh.

"Let's uh- get seats, then," said Bruno, trying to hide how red his face was by focusing on the task at hand.

Without letting go of Y/n's hand, he walked into the restaurant. The host there glanced at their hands, then at them, and- smirked a little? But then he fixed his face and led them to a spot. Faster than either of them had expected, a server appeared at their table. "Hello there, what can I get for you?"

Y/n ordered her favorite food, the one she always got here. Bruno stared indecisively at the menu for a moment, before simply ordering what she had gotten. The waiter whisked off to send in their orders, but Y/n noticed he seemed to be hiding a smile. 

That was strange. But whatever, it didn't matter. Her hand felt cold now, since Bruno had let go of her once they reached the table.

Bruno and Y/n talked, making jokes and laughing, and it seemed as though nothing bad could possibly happen.

Anyone passing by assumed the two were on a date, and beyond the reach of the two's ears whispers were passed between people. "Such a cute couple... isn't that Bruno Madrigal?... I think that's the woman who lives with them... Guess they finally got together... Only took them a few years.."

Once their food arrived, Y/n and Bruno ate slowly, the meal being secondary to the conversation.

Y/n asked him about his life alone in the walls, and he questioned her on what had changed when he wasn't able to see or hear her. They had already caught up on much since they found each other, but ten years is a long time, and there were many questions.

The question dancing on the tip of Bruno's tongue was, Have you had any romance, lately? But he couldn't bring himself to ask. Y/n wasn't wondering the same about him, why would she be? He was alone all those years. What she wanted to ask was about the present, whether he felt anything now.

But both of them circled that topic, neither wanting to be the one to ask about it first. By the time they had finished lunch, neither of them had summoned up the courage to ask. Bruno paid, despite Y/n's grumbling (he insisted this was in return for the clothes), and they left, heading back to the Casita, though they occasionally stopped to look at things that caught their eyes. 

Once they got back to the house, and into Bruno's tower, an idea came to Y/n. "Oh! Stay here, I have something for you." She left the tower, heading straight for the kitchen, and grabbed the chocolates she had bought earlier. Julieta wasn't there, so she had no delay in getting back to the tower.

Y/n held the bag behind her back, smiling. "Close your eyes, and open your mouth."

Bruno hesitated, but only for a moment. He decided he trusted you, and it wouldn't be too bad even if it was a joke. He did as you said, and when you placed something in his mouth, he instantly recognized the sweetness of chocolate. 

He opened his eyes, surprised. "Where did you manage to get chocolate?" He asked after swallowing the piece.

"There was some in town today, though it was all gone by the time we went together." Y/n replied. "I thought you might like some."

Bruno smiled slightly. "Thank you, though now you're ahead of me in gifts again."

Y/n smiled back. "That's how I like it," she said.

Something green caught her eye under Bruno's pillow, the glow she recognized as a vision.

"Hey, what's that?" she asked, curious. She was nearly certain it was the same one she had seen earlier, of Bruno kissing someone, but she hadn't gotten to see who. The idea of it caused a pain in Y/n's chest, for some reason. Who cared who it was? It was good Bruno was going to get with someone.

Bruno's face turned bright red. "Uh- it's- nothing." He was a terrible liar.

"C'mon, I saw that you kissed someone."

Bruno blushed an even deeper red, if that was possible. 

"Just tell me who!" Y/n's voice was teasing, but in her head she really did want to know, wanted to see who Bruno would end up finding joy with.

"Nope, nopenopenopenopenope," Bruno said, blocking your way with his body as she tried to go over and pick up the vision.

"Aw, come on. It can't be that embarrassing, just tell who the lucky person is!" Y/n said, trying to push past him, but he blocked skillfully.

"Let it go, would ya?" he asked, grabbing her arm as she tried to reach past him for the vision.

"Nope!" She replied cheerfully.

Bruno grappled with you for a second as you tried to push past him, then, without realizing what he was doing, he pinned you to the bed so you would stop struggling. "Stop that, please?"

And then a gasp of delight came from the door, startling both of them as they turned to look at who it was.

There stood Camilo, looking as though he had just found gold.

"Camilo, no-" started Bruno, letting go of Y/n.

"TIO BRUNO AND Y/N ARE TOGETHER!!!!!!" shouted Camilo as he ran out of the room. 

"What?" came the tired voices of Pepa, Felix, Isabela, and Julieta from the courtyard.

Y/n and Bruno quickly got up and chased after Camilo, who was already dashing down the stairs to the courtyard. 

"I saw them in Tio Bruno's room! He had her pinned to the bed- and they went on a date earlier!" Camilo gasped, out of breath.

"It wasn't a date!" shouted Y/n down at them. "And that's taken out of context!"

Isabela's eyes lit up. "Wait- so he did actually have you pinned?" she was smirking now too, as well as Felix. Julieta looked confused, and Pepa as though she wanted more proof before saying anything.

"I- well- yes, but-"

"HA! DOLORES, WHEREVER YOU ARE, YOU OWE ME TWENTY PESOS!!!" shouted Isabela.