chapter 33

Hope and Evelyn had come up with an idea to bring their family back,it was the dumbest idea they had ever come up with but it was an idea

Hope and Evelyn had come up with an idea to bring their family back,it was the dumbest idea they had ever come up with but it was an idea. The two of them had split the Hollow between them,it was torture but the two of them were to stubborn to show it.

The two were currently eating breakfast with Klaus and Freya as Klaus made his speech. "The curse that plagued our family for seven years has taken its toll on all of us. On our city. On our home. On our family. The consequences of us being together were grave, but today, thanks to the two of you." He looked over to Evelyn and Hope. "We celebrate a new beginning. One in which we have the freedom to stand side by side. And whatever trials may come, we will face them together, as a family. Always and forever." They all held their drinks up and took a sip of them.

"Would you please pass the beignets?" Hope asked Freya.

"Of course." Freya said back,passing the beignets over to Hope.

"So, Rebekah will be back in a few days. She's just tying up some loose ends overseas." Klaus said to them.

"It'll be nice to have her here." Evelyn smiled.

"It'll be good to have all of us under one roof again." Freya agreed.

They suddenly heard footsteps coming towards them, "Good morning." Evelyn knew that voice anywhere,it was her father. "Obviously, there is a lot for us to discuss. Hope,Evelyn, let me begin by telling you how truly sorry..."

Evelyn and Hope's eyes widened as the fork in Hope's hand started to bend and the lights began flickering, "Thanks for breakfast, guys, but I have homework to catch up on." Hope said before leaving as Evelyn followed after her.

The truth was,Evelyn was conflicted. Elijah was her father,and she loved him a lot. But Hayley was her mother,the one person in the world who had never abandoned her,and her father was the reason she was gone. Deep down, she knew it wasn't her father's fault and that he wasn't himself. But she felt like if she accepted that she would be betraying Hope,and the voices in her head weren't helping.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Hope was painting while Evelyn was reading,they sensed Klaus in the doorway.

"We know you're there." Hope broke the silence in the room.

"I didn't want to disturb you." Klaus said.

"Stop worrying,Uncle Klaus." Evelyn rolled her eyes.

"Yeah,if you're worried, I'd wish you just say something. Helicopter parenting isn't really your thing." Hope added.

"You bent a fork in half,and Evelyn made the lights flicker." Klaus told them.

"Better than sticking it in the side of Elijah's neck." Hope retorted,making Evelyn flinch.