chapter 22

They took the girls to a place they had never seen before,or at least remembered

They took the girls to a place they had never seen before,or at least remembered. Evelyn was being carried by her father while Hope was being carried by her mother. Evelyn was nervous,unaware of what was happening. She wasn't afraid,because Hayley had raised the two girls differently then that. Not to fear something unless it must be feared. Evelyn was wrapped in a blanket as she wore a purple nightgown and Hope wore a pink one. When they entered,Klaus looked around as he began to speak "Our home. Once the pride of our family,now a flophouse." The house was a mess,and you could tell it hadn't been occupied in what appeared to be ages.

"Indeed,the mighty have fallen." Elijah agreed,despite how worried he was about his daughter. While Hayley,the worried mother she was,started to rush inside with Hope. This was a scary turn of events,the two girls had been bonding with their family and then suddenly they could hear things,see things,things no regular child should ever have to hear or see.

"Where's Vincent?" Hayley asked worriedly, setting Hope down as she gently took Evelyn from her father's hold and laid her down beside her cousin. A man suddenly spoke up,someone neither of the girls had ever met. "Right here. Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kids, you got to leave the city."

"Well, we're not gonna stay, are we? Your city has lost its charm." Klaus fired back at the man as Evelyn closed her eyes,wanting nothing more than to fall asleep,but she was scared to. Every time she closed her eyes it was like she came face to face with death. Every time she closed her eyes and saw darkness,she saw the monsters inside. Elijah whispered to her softly to keep her eyes open for a few moments longer and everything would be alright,and so she did.

"What he means to say is that we're very grateful, just help her and we'll leave." Hayley begged,holding her hands up in a peaceful gesture as she looked over to Vincent. You could tell she adored both her girls and wanted nothing more than to see them okay again. If something else were to harm them and she did nothing to stop it,Hayley knew she would never forgive herself.

"Just give us what we need, and we will do so, happily."Elijah said to him,standing from his crouching position next to his daughter,Vincent nodding in agreement before making his way over to the two, "Excuse me."

"Okay." Vincent spoke softly as he rubbed his hands together. "Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a." Soon after he was finished chanting,the two girls awoke.

"Mom?" Hope asked,while Evelyn asked "Dad?" Hayley quickly walked over to the two girls as Vincent stood,Elijah making his way over to Evelyn and holding her. Elijah Mikaelson wasn't one for showing his love and affection,in a thousand years it had never come easy for him. But Evelyn was different,she was his little girl and he had missed 5 years of her life he could never get back.

"That's it. Your little girls are purified." Vincent said,walking away from them as Klaus thanked the man, "No look,the only gratitude I need from any of you is seeing you leave the city." Vincent spoke as he held his hands up in a gesture before walking out.

"Go see your daddy." Hayley encouraged Hope,as she held Evelyn for a moment. Hope began walking towards her father only for a dead crow to drop down infront of her,It causing Hope to whir around and Evelyn to be shocked and spooked. She walked over to her cousin and pulled her into a protective embrace,as dead crows started to fall more rapidly and in larger amounts than before,forming a perfect circle around the girls. Hayley rushed to them as the crows stopped. "What is this?" Klaus asks angrily.

"I don't know." Vincent answered honestly,seeing as he was surprisingly still standing there,probably having seen the crows falling and deciding to stay.

"Mom? Can you hear that? It's whispers. Saying a name. Over and over. "Kre Nah Han, Kre Nah Han." Hope asked,as she looked around and tried to pin point the location of the whispers she and Evelyn were hearing. However,she couldn't,it was in their minds it couldn't be found.

"Vincent, what is that?" Hayley questioned,looking up at him in worry.

"It's a nearly forgotten dialect. It's Creole. It means "the Hollow". The Hollow is coming." Vincent answered,looking quite nervous himself. Everyone was a little confused by his answer,having never heard of the Hollow. So this would be a scary ride for them all,the girls would both go through so much because of the hollow and it was a terrifying thought all together.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

"How do you feel?" Elijah asked,tucking his daughter into bed as he stared down at her in concern.

"I'm so cold." Evelyn said,sighing in discomfort. "Is Hope okay?" She asked,worried about her cousin who was more of like a sister to her than anything.

"Yes,she's fine,sweetheart. But what means the most to me is that you're okay. When you're better,we will travel the world together,and I will take you anywhere you wanna go." Elijah said,a soft smile on his face. Despite her obvious discomfort,Little Evelyn couldn't help but smile as well,happy to be reunited with her father after all these years.

"Aunt Hayley said you and Uncle Klaus love New Orleans the most." Evelyn said as Elijah seemed to hold a sad smile.

"I do,because it is where I found you. And if I had to put all of my love in one place,it would all be in you." Elijah explained to the girl,Evelyn smiling a little.

"Daddy, I don't feel so good." Evelyn said suddenly,her stomach hurt and she had a headache. Overall the little girl just felt...wrong. Elijah caressed the side of her face and placed a kiss on her forehead,feeling sorry for the little girl and upset he couldn't stop her from feeling like this.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲: I wanted to speak on up updating schedule and my writing. I currently am just completely unmotivated and generally exhausted. All I ask is you don't pressure me to update or ask for updates,It just stresses me out and pressures me to update,making my chapters and writing rushed.

I ask that you accept my boundaries and if you can't,please leave my page and do not actively comment on my chapters or message me.

I hope that didn't sound rude or demanding,I love each and every one of you and I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

-Kyra