chapter 20

Hayley is walking up stairs to the second floor

Hayley is walking up stairs to the second floor. Through a small opening into the attic, she hoists herself up and spies the coffins with the sleeping originals. She opens one, Elijah is seen slumbering. An older Hope and Evelyn are in Hope's room,Hope is coloring while Evelyn is reading as Hayley returns and they hear a vehicle approaching.

Hope and Evelyn smiled "Is that her?" They both asked. They were excited to see Mary again,Mary always watched them when Hayley had to leave.

"Let me check,stay inside." Hayley said to them both. Evelyn and Hope nodded,and Hayley walked outside. Hayley stood on the porch as she saw a blue truck pulling in which meant Mary had arrived. The blue truck came to a stop and Mary stepped out of the car as Hayley walked down the steps to greet her.

"Well, now, aren't you a sight?" Mary said with a smile.

"You're sure no one followed you?" Hayley asked the woman.

"I've been avoiding trouble since well before you were born. Now, where's those little girls?" Mary questioned,ready to see the two girls again.

"Did you find it?" Hayley asked,Mary's smile falling making Hayley sigh."Mary, please. After all this time, I am this close to getting them back. I found a cure for Freya's poison, I got a witch to siphon Rebekah's hex."

"So you're really gonna do it? Cure 'em and then wake 'em up? Did you ever stop to think, Hope and Evelyn might be better off without 'em?" Mary asked her,still believing the Mikaelson's would be bad influences on the girls. However,Hayley has never agreed with what Mary thought. She made a promise to her little girls,A promise she didn't intend on breaking.

"I made a promise." Was Hayley's simply response.

"To who? To Elijah?" Mary asked.

"To my daughter,and to my niece.I promised them a home where they would feel safe and protected by the people that love them. Mary,they are Mikaelson's , too. They inherited all of their enemies and a power that I don't understand. They need someone to teach them to control it. I can't do this on my own." Hayley needed the Mikaelson's to help her with Hope and Evelyn. Freya could teach Hope magic and Kol could teach Evelyn about her siphoning ability.

"You told me to wake the Mikaelsons you needed to find all seven werewolf packs. You found six. The last one, the Malraux, I thought they'd been killed off." Mary pulled a piece of paper out of her pocket "According to this, there might be one left. Hayley. You looked for five years. You found nothing. Suddenly, I get word of a lead. What if someone else found it, too? What if it's a trap?" Hayley didn't respond to her question and simply took the piece of paper out of her hands.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Hayley closed the door to the truck with the coffins in it as the two little girls watched her. They were both sad she had to leave,as they always were. Both the girls loved her and Hayley loved them just as much. Hayley made her way over to the two girls as they looked up at her in sadness. "Do you have to go?" Evelyn asked her.

"I do. But I'll be back very, very soon. And I won't be alone." Hayley replied with a sad smile. "I'll call you every night before bed, okay? In the meantime, you listen to Mary. Deal?" Hayley pressed two of her fingers to her lips as Hope and Evelyn did the same,then they pressed the two fingers to the other ones.

"Deal." Hope and Evelyn agreed. Hayley hugged both Evelyn and Hope before walking back to the truck with Mary following after her.

"Keep your guard up. Stay moving. You smell trouble, you run." Mary knocked on the side of the truck. "Those folks back there, they had plenty of life. What you need to do is stay alive for those little girls."

Hayley replied,but she wasn't looking at Mary,she was looking past her at the girls "Everything I do is for them." Hayley got in the truck and closed the door behind her after climbing inside.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Many hours later,all of the Mikaelson's are finally awake. They are missing one,but they will get to him once they are done where they are now. Elijah and Hayley are stood infront of a fire that is burning the dead vampires bodies. Neither spoke for a moment until Elijah speaks up, "And they say romance is dead."

"I'll take it." Hayley said,she looks to Elijah and grabs ahold of his arm as Elijah lifts his sleeve to show her something. "Your infection's gone."

"You saved us. All of us." Elijah said to her before glancing back at the abandoned building, "I guess Kol and Rebekah couldn't contain their hunger."

"Elijah, after all this time, I..." Hayley starts before Elijah interrupts her, "Me too."

They went quiet again until Elijah asked something "Now,please tell me,how is my little girl?"

Hayley laughs, "She's amazing. She's healthy. Happy. She's the perfect little girl,a little troublemaker though. And both she and Hope made me promise that one day they'd get their family back,all of them."

Elijah turns back to the fire and smiles. "A child after my own heart."

"Then there's just one person left." Hayley said.

"Let's go get him." Elijah says after a moment of silence.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Evelyn's dream was terrifying. There was a little boy Hope's age and he was taken by something. Evelyn woke up with a gasp,and looked around in fear. She glanced over at her cousin only to see her in the same position she was in. "Did you have the dream too?" Evelyn asked her,Hope nodding before the girls went quiet. Hope clutched her stuffed animal tightly as Evelyn stood up from her bed and climbed into Hope's,laying down beside her.

Mary opened the door to the girl's room and saw them cuddled up together on Hope's bed. "Hope,Evelyn. Sweeties,are you okay?"

"We had a bad dream." Hope replied.

Mary came over to the bed and hugged the two little girls, "Oh. Darlings, it's all right. You're safe. I'm not going anywhere." There was something about the room the three of them hadn't noticed,Hope's drawings of the same sigil are thrown across the floor.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

So sorry,there probably won't be another update until later today. I have quite a bit of school work I need to catch up on and I'll probably be busy but I will try I promise!!