chapter 26

Evelyn and Hope were in Hope's bedroom,both of them sitting on Hope's bed with two blank sheets of drawing paper and crayons with them

Evelyn and Hope were in Hope's bedroom,both of them sitting on Hope's bed with two blank sheets of drawing paper and crayons with them. Hayley walked in after a few moments, "Hey,sweeties. Drawing something?" Hayley asked,apparently only seeing the sheet of paper,seeing as they hadn't drawn anything.

"Yes." Hope replied for the both of them,looking up from the drawing and at her mother.

"What're those supposed to be? Snowstorms?" Hayley joked, but got no response as the two just stared at the blank paper. Hayley sat down on the bed with the two girls,chucking. She picked up a brush and started to brush through Hope's hair,before moving on to Evelyn's. "So...now that all this trouble's behind us, I thought the three of us could have a chat about what happens next. I know you both want to have a normal life with friends and school and art and sports and..." she trailed off as she noticed her girls were spaced out. "Hey you okay?"

"We're fine,Aunt Hayley." Evelyn replied for the both of them. However,they both didn't seem like themselves. Something was up,only Hayley couldn't pinpoint it.

"Girls,if you're worried about the Hollow. Don't be,everything's okay now,I promise." Hayley swore to her little girls,trying to assure them of their safety and protection. Except,their was one problem with her assured protection. The hollow had already gotten in from the inside. Hayley held up two fingers and kissed them,trying to do their special gesture. However,the two girls didn't seem to recognize it.

"Can we go back to our drawings?" Hope asked,with zero emotion in her voice. It seemed while Hayley didn't mind it,seemed surprised.

"Sure,yeah." Hayley said to them,a bit awkwardly.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Hollow Hope and Evelyn were sat in the living room,looking at a board. Hayley walked into the room,watching them doing nothing but sitting across from each other and staring at a board but doing nothing with it.

"Hey,sweeties...why don't you take that chess set downstairs and we can take turns playing together? You want to find a spot and I'll fix us all a snack?" Hayley asked,thought by now,she knew exactly what was going on. She was obviously acting,and not doing a very good job. "I want my little girls back." Hayley said simply. Then she started to pace around the Hollow,who had possessed the two things that meant the most too her. The hollows followed behind her. "I don't care how long it takes,or what I have to do. I will get my daughters back."

The little girls smiled creepily,and they were small ones too. Then they pulled up their sleeves to reveal dragon tattoos that started to grow. "You won't. Hope and Evelyn are still fighting,but they'll give in soon. Once this is complete,I'll be in their bodies permanently." Inadu said.

Hollow Evelyn held up her hand as Hayley went flying through a glass door. "You can't hurt us, 'Aunt Hayley'. We are your little girls,after all. You can't." Hollow Evelyn tested.