chapter 18

The floor is cluttered with destroyed items of Cami's and a photograph of herself and Kieran is shown

The floor is cluttered with destroyed items of Cami's and a photograph of herself and Kieran is shown. Cami is lying on the floor of unconscious when Lucien stands from the sofa and opens the curtains.

"Ah, all the makings of a lovely day." Lucien said.

Lucien walks around Cami towards the kitchen and turns on the gas, putting the kettle over a cooker ring, the clatter awakens Cami who immediately looks at the bite on her arm in horror and sits up, gasping. Lucien smiles over the bookcase and walks towards her.

"Ah, Camille! Finally awake! Perfect. You've got a big day ahead of you." Lucien greets

"You bit me." Cami says with wide eyes.

"And sampled quite abit of your blood, actually. Very tasty, although more bitter than I expected." Lucien speaks as if he hadn't just written her death sentence.

"Oh my god, I'm gonna die." Cami says in horror.

"Yeah, apologies. But, to be honest your days were numbered the moment you caught Nik's eye. 'Tis ever thus for those who get close to the bastard. Myself excluded."

The kettle whistles, signalling it's boiled and Lucien turns around

"Ah, care for tea?" Lucien asks as he returns to the kettle and Cami quickly starts russling in her bag.

"Oh, please Cami. Have you not learned? If you try to fight me you will always lose." Lucien rolls his eyes

Cami throws The Devil's Star towards Lucien, which embeds in his neck covering his body in short lacerations, distracting him as Cami runs away. Lucien pulls out the star and it drops to the floor as he slowly turns around smiling. Cami makes her way outside and stops against a wall to check on her bite, before heading towards the Mikaelson Compound.
___________________________________

Cami is quickly hurrying into the Compound, panting.

"Klaus?!" Cami calls out.

Klaus almost immediately appears before her. "What is it?" He asks.

"Something happened and you're going to be angry, but Lucien wants you to be angry. He's trying to lure you into a trap." Cami says.

"What did he do?" Klaus asks her,slightly worried.

"Promise me you won't fly off the handle and do something crazy. Promise me." Cami pleads with him. Klaus turns his head and sees the bite on Cami's arm. He takes her arm and pulls up the sleeve, examininig the bite.