chapter 24

Hope and Evelyn were walking around a table with a bone on it

Hope and Evelyn were walking around a table with a bone on it. The bone would turn in the direction they were walking in which looked interesting to them. As they were studying it,they heard whispers telling them something. It wasn't the bone,though,it was something else entirely. Hayley walked in and saw something happening with the two girls.

"Hope, Evelyn,what's going on?" Hayley asked them.

"Mom?" Hope called out,both the girls were turning their heads around to try and locate where the whispers were coming from. "Can you hear them, too?" Evelyn asked her.

Klaus entered the room, "What's going on?"

Hayley turned Hope and Evelyn to look at her, "Look at me. Tell me what you heard." Hayley demanded.

"Voices. They said that we're connected to this. You,me and Evelyn." Hope replied. Hayley looked over at Klaus as he looked down at the bone.

"If this fossil has been whispering lies, I'll gladly throw it in the river." Klaus stated simply.

"No. Not the bone. The witches. The Ancestors. They have a message for us. A warning." Evelyn said to him. The two girls looking around again,listening to the whispers. Hayley and Klaus looked at the two in worry,not knowing what was going on with them.

Hayley placed both her hands on the side of her face."Tell me what they said."

"They want you to go to St. Anne's Church to talk to them. They said you have to do exactly what they say, and you have to do it now. Before the Hollow comes for us." Hope replied for her cousin,Hayley sending a confused and alarmed look to Klaus as he sent one back.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Hope and Evelyn burst into the church and looked at the scene in front of them. Hayley,Marcel and Evelyn's father were standing in front of a brunette haired girl. Klaus was laying in a circle in front of the girl unconscious. An angry expression appeared on both the girl's faces. "No!"

"You promised to help us." Little Evelyn narrowed her eyes at the girl in front of her.

"But you're not helping. You're hurting us, and we won't let you." Hope and Evelyn grabbed ahold of each others hands and held their fists up in the air. A gust of wind rushed through the church making some almost lose their balance. Hope and Evelyn stood their,completely unaffected with what was going on. They lowered their hands as the salt circle that binds Davina to the moral plane. Klaus's eyes snapped open and Hope rushed towards him and Evelyn ran towards Elijah.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Evelyn walked into the main room of the compound with Hope by her side. Standing in front of a table was a man Klaus had talked about. "My dad said you study this stuff." Hope said,looking down at the object in her hand.

"Yeah, that's right. There are a lot of amazing things in the world to study. And some of them are even things that don't want to hurt you." Alaric said,he looked down at the objects in the girls hands. "And what do you have there?"

Hope placed one of the objects in her hands down on the table. "These are for serenity."

Evelyn placed another one down beside it, "And this one is for stillness."

Hope and Evelyn looked down at their work and nodded their heads in approval, "They'll keep the flowers in bloom."

"Now, did you teach yourself all that?" Alaric asked them,smiling at their intelligence.

"Well, We did read about it in one of my Aunt Freya's books. She's helping me learn, but some stuff We figured out on our own." Hope replied,looking up at the man.

"Mm. Well... that is all very impressive." Alaric complemented them both.

Hayley walked into the room with something in her hands. "They're impressive young lady's."

"It's good meeting you, littlest Mikaelson's" Alaric turned and nodded at Hayley as she nodded back. Alaric turned and looked at the little girls "I'll be seeing you around."

The girls looked at the plate of cookies in their mothers hand,their faces practically lighting up in joy at the sight of them. "Those for us?" Hope asked hopefully.

"After what you did today, your dad compelled the entire Magnolia candy shop." Hayley said,both the girls laughing softly at her statement.

"Uncle Klaus seemed sad." Evelyn said sadly.

"I think that he wanted to be the one doing the helping today. But we both agreed on one thing: you both were very, very brave." Hayley said,the two girls smiling at her comment.

"We just thought about what you would do. It's like you always say: if we stick together, nothing can hurt us." Hope informed her.

"Always and Forever." The two girls said in sync. Hayley laughing softly at her comment as the young girls kissed two of their fingers and held them out to her,Hayley doing the same and connecting them.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲: I absolutely love the bond the three of them have.