chapter 5

The minute Hayley realized Elijah was missing she went to his apartment and grabbed Evelyn

The minute Hayley realized Elijah was missing she went to his apartment and grabbed Evelyn. She had spent the whole night with Little Evelyn trying to get her cries for her father to slow down. Somehow the little girl knew something was wrong with her dad.

Hayley was holding a crying Evelyn as she looked over the French Quarter from the balcony of the nursery when she was startled by the sounds of tortured screaming. She frowned and returned inside,following the noise to Klaus's bedroom where Klaus has blood splattered all over his hands and face and is washing up in his sink.

She hid Evelyn from the sight,not wanting the baby to see her uncle like that. "Oh so I see your interrogation went well." Hayley glared at the hybrid.

Klaus looks at himself in the mirror while he washes up "Eh.it turns out these witches are delicate creatures. No matter! I suspected my mother had Elijah captive."

"Great,let's go find them!" Hayley spoke eager to help. She knew the minute Elijah returned Evelyn would stop crying,she hated seeing the little girl like this.

Klaus shook his head as he walked toward her and Evelyn. His eyes visibly softening when he saw his teary eyed niece. He knew Elijah's disappearance was affecting the little girl,it was one of the main reasons he was working so hard on finding his brother.

"Esther is too powerful. She won't be easily found. I need to draw her out." He attempted to shut the sliding doors that separated his room from the nursery when Hayley stops him.

"Wait,where are you going?" Hayley asked,rubbing Evelyn's back hoping she would fall asleep.

"I'm going to change my shirt,and then I'm going to find my brother." He smiled condescendingly and is about to shut the doors again when Hayley once again stops him making him sigh in annoyance.

"Klaus,let me come with you." Hayley said in annoyance. Klaus sighed deeply and turned towards her again.

"I know you want to help,Hayley,but you can't.My mother is wretched,she will target you in order to thwart me,and I can't very well save Elijah it I'm busy saving you,can I?" Hayley rolled her eyes but remained silent,so Klaus finally shuts the doors and prepares his plan.
___________________________________

In the dream,Klaus hands young Elijah a stake before he leaves. Thunder and lightning can be overhead as he sees Adult Elijah standing nearby,staring at him. Adult Elijah lunges for him,but Young Elijah yells at the top of his lungs as he stakes him in the heart,causing Elijah to finally wake up with a gasp. They're both shocked to see the other,but after a moment,Klaus smiles at his brother.

"Evelyn." Was the first thing he whispered,Klaus not wasting a second and speeding out to get his niece.

"Da-da." Baby Evelyn spoke as she was handed over to her father,both the brothers eyes widening in shock upon hearing it.

"She just spoke for the first time." Klaus said with wide eyes as even he couldn't help but smile softly. Evelyn was 18 months old now,and should have said her first word months ago. So the brothers had come up with the conclusion that she didn't feel comfortable enough to talk with them yet after being abandoned by her biological mother. Which made a lot of since if they really thought about it.

Tears formed in Elijah's eyes as he took a deep breath in,burying his face in his daughters neck as he breathed in her scent.

"Hi,birdie." Elijah whispered as he gazed down at his daughter. She sends him a beaming smile causing him to send a sad smile back in return.

He was terrified of hurting his daughter. He was a monster,his mother made sure he knew that. He knew he would corrupt Evelyn. How could such a monster raise an innocent child? She wasn't a Mikaelson,she didn't deserve all of his enemies.He was stupid to think he could raise her but he knew he couldn't give her away,it would destroy him and he couldn't allow the little girl to be abandoned again.
___________________________________

Klaus enters Evelyn's room. Since Elijah had woken up he refused to leave his daughters side. Evelyn was sleeping while Elijah watched over her. Elijah turned his head when he hears Klaus enter the room. He was holding a leather-bound notebook in his hands and looked as though he wanted to say something.

"What is it?" Elijah questioned when he saw the contemplating expression his brother was wearing.

Klaus hesitates for a moment for speaking "I spent the day with my father,my real father." Elijah looks stunned "Esther brought him back from the dead,believing he could convince me to renounce vampirism." Klaus looks torn as he approached his brother "The thought of what I could be,had I been raised by him. Had I been nurtured. This was is." He hands the notebook over to Elijah,Elijah opening to find a sketch of younger Klaus inside.

"He knew about Hope." Klaus whispered,Elijah immediately shutting the notebook with a look of shock, "I wanted to trust him more than anything in the world. I-I wanted to,but..." Klaus trails off,unable to put what he had done into words "I couldn't be sure. And,I would never forgive myself if something happened to her because of my selfish desire for a father. So,I killed him. Without hesitation,I killed him." Tears start to form in the hybrids eyes.

Elijah hesitates for a short moment,choosing his words carefully before speaking. "You killed him for Hope." Elijah walks face-to-face with Klaus as he hands him the notebook "And whatever innocence remains,we must protect at any costs." Elijah placed a hand on his brothers shoulder as the Hybrid began to cry.
___________________________________
Poor Klaus:(

___________________________________Poor Klaus:(