chapter 28

Hope and Evelyn walked into Rousseau's, overhearing Klaus in the back with Hayley's boyfriend,Declan

Hope and Evelyn walked into Rousseau's, overhearing Klaus in the back with Hayley's boyfriend,Declan. Klaus was holding him by his throat and was about to bite him. Before Hope could do anything Evelyn brought her hands up and flung Klaus away from Declan.

"Seriously,Dad?" Hope said.

Klaus brought Declan closer to compel him, "Looks like you need to go back to the butcher's immediately. You won't remember meeting me today."

Declan looked over at the two girls, "Ah. Mornin', kid. Um... I'll be back. I forgot to stop by the Shank. But saved you a bread pudding in the fridge. Your favorite."

Evelyn smiled softly at the man in thanks before looking back at her uncle.

"Go home,Hope,Evelyn." Klaus didn't look at either of them as he spoke.

Evelyn scoffed, "You're not even gonna look at us?" Klaus abandoning them alongside Elijah erasing his memory of her had hurt Evelyn a lot,that much was clear.

"Mom's missing, Dad. We're scared." Hope told him.

He appeared to not know what to say, "We're too close. I can hear the whispers: you both must, too."

"Let us help you find her." Hope begged.

"If you don't do as I say, I'll have Freya bind you both to the compound with a spell. I don't want it to come to that. Go home." Klaus said simply before walking past them.

Both Evelyn and Hope frowned in hurt,but what they didn't know was that a snake was slithering behind them.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Evelyn left her room and walked into the room Hope and Roman were in,Roman was gone.

Klaus stormed in "Please tell me it isn't true." Hope and Evelyn stayed silent. "What have you done with your mother?"

"It was me,Evie had nothing to do with it." Hope sighed. Evelyn leaving the room at Hope's confession,feeling angry and hurt.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Hope hesitantly knocked on the door of Evelyn's room and found her sitting on her bed,when she saw who had knocked she turned away from her making her sigh. "Look..I'm sorry...I shouldn't have done what I did, I just-."

Evelyn turned to face her,cutting her off. "Do you even know why I'm so angry with you?" Hope didn't reply. "It's because you didn't tell me what you were planning. We're family,Hope. Your mistakes are my mistakes."

"I just thought you wouldn't agre-." Evelyn cut her off, "Hope,I knew how sad you got whenever you saw other kid's with their fathers or when someone mentions 'Klaus Mikaelson,the great evil' I would have helped you because that's what sisters do."

"I mainly did it for you, I know how much it hurts you that Elijah doesn't remember you. I thought if I brought my dad back he could help get Elijah's memories back and you could get your father back." Evelyn reached out and hugged her sister as Hope hugged her back tightly.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Klaus walked into the room with a sad look on his face,making both the girls fear the worst. "Hope,Evelyn, we went to the church to get your mother. She wasn't there." Those were the only words both the girls needed to hear for their world to come crashing down.

"I..what?" Evelyn asked shocked.

Hope was clearly in denial,not wanting to believe it. "What? No. I protected her. I wrote the perfect cloaking spell, I kept her safe. I... I don't understand. The-the coffin was just empty?"

Klaus looked devastated, "The coffin was destroyed. Whatever happened to your mother didn't happen without a fight. Look, I know it wasn't your intention for someone to get hurt. I know you did this because I left you with no choice. Sweethearts, look at me." Klaus placed his hands on their shoulders to calm them down, "This... this is my fault. I'm gonna fix it. I've already spoken to Alaric. You'll go back to Mystic Falls tonight. I need to know you're safe."

Both Hope and Evelyn fall to their knees and begin coughing,as if their choking on something. "What is it? Hope? Evelyn?" Klaus asked worriedly.

Both Hope and Evelyn cough up a snake, Hope manages to her out "Go, go."

"You have to get out! You have to get out." Evelyn said.

"I'll find your mother. And I swear I'll return her to you. I love you both." Klaus said before speeding away.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Roman came to pick up Hope and Evelyn to take them back to school.

"Hey, thanks for the ride back to school." Hope told him while Evelyn put her bag in the car.

"Oh. Sure." Roman said,before noticing the look on Hope's face. "Hey... is everything okay, Marshall?"

"My name's not Marshall." Hope reminded him.

"Right. Hope." Roman said as the two smiled at each other.

The two were interrupted when a woman screamed,the three shared a look before rushing to see what was going on.

"Oh,my god." Hope gasped,covering her mouth.

"Henry." Evelyn breathed.

Henry was attacked and removed from the garden,his heart was torn out and he was hung up for everyone to see.

Both Hope and Evelyn shared a look,the same thought in both their minds. This was their fault.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲: so Evelyn was oblivious to what Hope did. But my poor baby was abandoned by Klaus and Elijah.

also,if you're wondering how Evelyn could do magic without siphoning off Hope. Freya made her a bracelet with magic she could siphon off of all the time,so she doesn't have to siphon off her werewolf side or off of someone else all the time.