chapter 13

"Veggies

"Veggies.No." Little Evelyn said with all the seriousness a 26-month old could muster up.

"Evelyn,Sweetheart." Her father attempted to coax "2 year olds are supposed to eat Veggies,they're good for you."

Little Evelyn simply turned her head to the other side stubbornly,not willing to give in and eat the Veggies. "Evelyn." Her father attempted to use his 'dad' tone,but the little girl wasn't backing out now.

"No,daddy.Veggies,No." She said,hiding her mouth with her tiny hands.

Elijah huffed in frustration before giving in to his daughter "Pancakes?" He asked,Evelyn babbling happily as soon as she heard the word making Elijah sigh.

"Pancakes it is." He muttered.
___________________________________

Elijah is having a picnic with Hope and Evelyn as he sets the food out on the table. After a moment,A car pulls up as several armed men exit it.

"Hell of a spot for a picnic." The first hunter says

"Yes. If you can tolerate the mosquitoes, it's actually rather serene." Elijah said to the Hunter. "Finger sandwich?" He asks.

"Trouble is you're trespassing. This whole area is now property of Kingmaker Land Development. In two years, it's gonna be golf courses and condos." The first hunter spoke.

"I take it you're not on the board of directors." Elijah raised a brow.

The first hunter shook his head  "No. My team and I are animal control. There's been an influx of wild predators. My boss pays top dollar to, uh, wipe them out."

"Wild predators?" Elijah asks.

"Wolves if you can believe it. Killed a half-dozen last night.This baby can take a head clean off." The hunter speaks as Elijah silently turns Hope and Evelyn's stroller around. "Hey. Anyway, um, I'm gonna have to ask you to clear out ASAP." The hunter places a hand on Elijah arms,Elijah abruptly grabbing a hold of his arm and breaking it.

Elijah speeds over to the other hunter's the man brought and knocks them out before turning back to the first one and grabbing him by the throat before compelling the man.

"Call off your men. You leave this place and you seek another line of work. No more dead wolves."

"I'm an independent contractor. There are other teams out there. I don't have authority to..." The hunter is cut off as Elijah swiftly snaps his neck.
___________________________________

♪ We get a second chance tonight ♪ ♪ We get a clean slate ♪ ♪ forget about the past tonight ♪ ♪ It's never too late ♪

Freya answers her phone as she slowly stops dancing in a bar "Hello?"

"Did I misinterpret the kind of exhibition you were attending?" Elijah questions.

"I switched venues. Aren't you the one who said I deserved the night off?" Freya said.

"Forgive me. Someone needs to watch the girls. I have an errand to run." Elijah apologized.

"How ominous. What errand?"

"A necessary evil.I would rather my niece and daughter not bear witness." Elijah answered her.

"Fair enough. Give me a minute. I have an idea." Freya shrugged.
___________________________________
I wanted a chapter main centered around Evelyn and Elijah so here you go🤷🏼‍♀️

___________________________________I wanted a chapter main centered around Evelyn and Elijah so here you go🤷🏼‍♀️