chapter 11

Marcel pours himself and Rebekah a drink at his bar

Marcel pours himself and Rebekah a drink at his bar. He looks down at his wristwatch before turning toward Rebekah, who is pacing around in front of the couch.Marcel,annoyed speaks "You haven't spoken a word for thirty minutes."

Rebekah remains silent as Marcel keeps staring at his watch. "Thirty-one." He sits down on a bar stool and stares at her "Fine. I'll answer for you, "Thank you for rescuing me, Marcel. It's so good of you to still care, even though no one told you I was back."

Rebekah stares at him for a moment before speaking "I asked them not to."

Marcel,smiles bitterly "There she is." He pauses for a moment before asking "Why?"

"It's complicated." Rebekah answered.

"You think?" Marcel says sarcastically.

"How did you find me anyway?" Rebekah asks in exasperation.

Marcel slams his drink on the bar and approaches her, "I knew you were you, I knew you were up to something, so I followed you, OK? And it's a good thing that I did! That market is bad news. The Treme witches are not friendly to outsiders. What were you doing there?"

"I was looking for anything that could help boost my magic. I promised Kol I'd find a way to bring him back, and I can't do that as an amateur-hour witch!"Rebekah says in frustration.

Marcel holds up a finger to silence her, "Okay, you need to be more careful."

"I can take care of myself." Rebekah rolls her eyes.

"All evidence to the contrary." Marcel says mockingly.

Rebekah,offended "Don't be condescending just because you got to play hero for one tiny moment."

Marcel,smiles "One tiny, saved your life from certain death moment?"

Before Rebekah can respond,Elijah rushes into the loft with Evelyn in his arms,looking concerned. "Are you alright." He asked Rebekah in concern.

Rebekah walks over to him while Marcel pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

As Rebekah and Elijah spark up a conservation,Evelyn began making grabby hands towards Marcel as she tries to wiggle out of her dad's grasp. She huffs when she feels his grip tighten,causing Marcel and Rebekah to laugh.

Wanting to annoy Elijah,hold and introduce himself to Evelyn,Marcel vamp-speeds over to her and takes Evelyn from the originals hands,choosing to ignore his protests.

"Hi,Evie.I'm Marcel." Marcel introduced himself to Evelyn as he placed a kiss on her forehead. A bright smile breaking out on Little Evelyn's face that Marcel happily returned.

Elijah clears his throat,interrupting the moment between the two. "Do we know who exactly attacked Rebekah?" He asked,making Marcel roll his eyes,of course Elijah would ruin the moment.
___________________________________

"I love you so much." Elijah mumbled,placing his sleeping daughter down in her crib. Elijah couldn't help but smile as he noticed Evelyn clutching her stuffed elephant,something one of the wolves had gotten her. Anyone else would feel jealous of the bond Evelyn had with so many others but Elijah wasn't,because he knew if for some reason one day he couldn't protect her,they would.

His smile soon disappeared when he thought back to his conversation with his long lost sister Freya,about their crazy aunt Dahlia. If Freya was telling the truth,then their aunt would be coming for Hope,but what terrified was the thought of Dahlia coming for his little girl as well.

Evelyn might not be a Mikaelson by blood,but from what Kol had told them Evelyn's siphoning ability was rare and it made her more powerful than a regular Witch,and if Dahlia is as power hungry as his long-lost sister claimed she was. Then she might also be coming for his daughter,something he would die before allowing to happen.
___________________________________