chapter 32

They were holding a classic New Orleans funeral

They were holding a classic New Orleans funeral. The streets were covered in people,including Evelyn,Hope and Freya.

"Where's dad?" Hope asked,looking around for him but he was nowhere to be found.

"He'll be here soon. He's just waiting on Ivy to help him with the astral projection." Freya reassured her.

"And,everyone else?" Evelyn asked,looking over to her.

Freya began looking around too, "Marcel should be here. Vincent. There's Josh." Josh was standing a few feet away from them. He waved at the girls as they waved back at him.

Hope went back to looking around for more people they knew, "What about Declan?" Freya stayed silent, "Please tell me someone told Declan." Evelyn pleaded.

Freya shook her head, "He's in Ireland. I-I was so focused on everyone else..."

"Oh, my God, Freya." Hope sighed in exasperation.

"I'll fix it." Freya said.

"This is all wrong. She didn't even know all these people." Evelyn shook her head.

"Your mom made a mark on this city. Everyone's here to honor her." Freya tried to get the two girls to understand.

"But where are all of her friends?" Hope asked, but didn't get an answer as Freya's phone buzzed and she stopped to answer it. However,both the girls continued walking,as Evelyn reached over and squeezed Hope's hand,for Hope's comfort and hers.

An engine roared as both the girls heard tires screech. A black van with its back door's wide opened stopped in front of the two girls. The girls heard Freya call out for Josh, Josh walked over to the van and spoke with whoever was in the back. Freya ran over to the two, "Hope,Evelyn.We've got to get out of here."

"No." Hope shook her head.

"Hope." Freya tried,but Hope stood her ground. "I said no. This already sucks enough."

Both the girls shared a look and knew they were thinking the same thing, "We're not gonna let them ruin it more." Hope used her magic to throw Freya aside.

The two girls intertwined their hands,held them up and began chanting. "Bruciare supe terram, faciendo ignis ga praemium." Freya called out to the two girls but was ignored, one of the vans burst into flames as people began screaming.

Both the girls turned to the other van,their hands were held up as they walked towards it, "Bruciare supe terram, faciendo..." Freya called out to Josh again, a gun went off and suddenly they weren't in the street anymore.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

It was time for Hayley's official funeral. They came out to where the Crescent Pack lived and planned to send her off in the water,an real Crescent funeral. When they got there, they saw Freya standing beside the casket,chanting. Hope and Evelyn walked over to her, Evelyn placed down Hayley's jacket she always wore while Hope placed down her mom's boots.

Hope spoke up, "We know how much that you've lost over all these years trying to get our family back together. And... We know that you think that there's nothing else that we can do. But We believe that there is. There has to be. We have to save each other. We have to save always and forever. You've taught us  most of what we know about magic, and... ...if you're up for it, We'd really like your help figuring it out."

Freya took their hands in hers, "Anything you two need."

Hope looked down at their mom's necklace, "Do you think that I could, um..."

Freya nodded, "Yeah. Absolutely." She helped Hope put the necklace on. When they got it on, Evelyn looked off to the side,noticing Marcel,Josh, and Vincent standing there. She then looked behind her only to see Keelin walking towards them. She hit Freya's arm lightly to catch her attention, "Freya."

"Keelin." Freya said in surprise, she walked towards her and they hugged. "Oh. Oh... How did you..."

Keelin placed her hands on the sides of Freya's face, "I got on a plane as soon as I heard the news." The two kissed and shared another hug.

"People will forget the things you said, forget the things you did, but no one ever forgets the way you made them feel. Hayley Marshall... made me feel like I was part of a family. And when the realities of this life became too much to bear, we shouldered them together. We laughed, we cried. When I failed, she lifted me up. And when I succeeded, she danced by my side. And she did that for all of us. No one will ever be able to replace her, or heal the pain we feel at her loss. But we can honor her with our actions and with our words... We can love each other .the way she would've wanted us to love."

Several tears fell down Evelyn's face as Lisina lit the casket on fire with a torch and it was sent out onto the water. Noticing her sister's tears,Hope grabbed her hand in comfort, giving it a squeeze. "Good-bye, Mom."

Evelyn felt someone else grab her hand,making her look to the side to see who it was. "What are you doing? You can't be here."

Klaus was standing their by her side, "Yes, I can. Just for a moment. Our family has infinite struggles ahead, but right now, I need to be here with my daughter and niece." Klaus smiled at them both as thunder sounded above them.

"Things are probably gonna get ugly." Freya warned everyone.

Klaus looked out to the casket before looking back at the girls, "I'll always be here for you both. Even if I can't truly be by your side, holding your hand, I'll call and I'll write. And Freya will allow us some time together with her magic. But you have to know, this is the last time we can do this. Come here, sweethearts." Klaus pulled them both in for a hug, them breaking apart when lighting hit the casket and a fire began spreading.

"I'm gonna fix this for us." Hope swore.

"I hope that you do." Klaus told her.

"We shouldn't let the fire reach land. You should go." Evelyn stated.

"Just one more minute. I love you both." Klaus said to him.

"I love you too." They both said back to him.

♧︎♧︎♧︎