chapter 3

Elijah was now sitting in the courtyard with Klaus somewhere upstairs when Hayley Marshall walked into the Abattoir

Elijah was now sitting in the courtyard with Klaus somewhere upstairs when Hayley Marshall walked into the Abattoir. "Elijah, is that a baby?" Hayley asked, finally speaking up.

Elijah glanced up at her briefly as he responded, "Yes. I adopted her last night."

"Wait, what?" Hayley asked in confusion, not understanding why Elijah would suddenly decide to adopt a baby.

Elijah sighed before falling into an explanation, "I went to Rousseau's and found Camille holding her, she stopped crying when I held her, so I decided to take her home and Niklaus convinced me to adopt her."

"Oh." Hayley whispered, her sole focus now on the small child who was staring up at her. After a few moments, the child went her a beaming smile that she immediately returned. "What is her name?"

"Evelyn Lucille Mikaelson." Elijah responded, smiling at the sight of his daughters happiness.

"That is a beautiful name." Hayley said, gazing up at Elijah for a moment.

Hayley hesitated for a moment before clearing her throat and asking, "Can I hold her?"

"Of course." Elijah nodded, gently passing Evelyn over to Hayley.

"Hi, little one." Hayley whispered, looking down at the child in loving affection. Hayley held out her finger for Evelyn who immediately began playing with it, earning a small chuckle from the hybrid.

"She's perfect." Hayley said, shifting her eyes over to Elijah. "She truly is." Elijah nodded.

༄༄༄

Elijah had left the compound and left Evelyn in Hayley's care. He was hoping being around Evelyn would help take her mind off of Hope. The mother had been in a really dark place ever since she was forced to send her child away.

The young hybrid was staring down at the baby who was in her crib, the hybrid had a small smile on her face. She had spent the whole day with Elijah helping him take care of her. She already loved the little girl and would do anything she could to protect her.