The Copper Scroll Part 5

Start from the beginning

"It's still your fault that the police are after us." Luke hissed, stepping impossibly closer. "You just had to keep the scroll at the bank, huh?"

"I couldn't control what my great grandparents did!" Ashton pushed Luke.

"Yeah? Well, at least my grandparents manage to stay alive!" Luke shouted, shoving Ashton back.

Ashton, Michael and Calum gasped.

"Dude, not cool." Calum shook his head.

"Hey now, let's not start something." Michael tried holding Ashton back, but the furious boy threw him off.

"You take that back. Right now, Hemmings." Ashton seethed.

Luke crossed his arms. "No."

"Take it back!" Ashton shouted, stepping forward.

The giant ship tilted to the side as it crashed over a wave, and they all stumbled to the right.

"No!" Luke yelled.

Water crashed over the side of the ship, splashing against the small, circular, window. It dripped to the floor and Luke slipped on it as the ship suddenly rocked the other way.

They all fell to the other side, landing in a pile.

"Take it back now, or else!" Ashton shoved Luke off him violently as the water rose to their ankles.

"Make me!"

"Oh I plan to." Ashton snarled. He grabbed Luke's shoulders, planning to ram the boys head against the window, when Luke suddenly stopped moving.

And he casted his eyes down to Ashton's lips.

Ashton froze too.

Another wave jolted the ship, breaking them all apart.

"Guys, quit fighting!" Calum cried. "It's like you said, we're all in this together, we can't start arguing now!"

"I know what I said, but I can't stay with that disrespectful asshole anymore." Ashton walked to one corner of the brig. He crossed his arms and hid his face, making sure Luke couldn't see his lips anymore.

"Yeah, same." Luke snapped and sat down, right into the water. "Hey, when did all this water get here?"

-

It was night when the storm finally settled and calmed down.

Luke was huddled in the corner opposite of Ashton. The sound of footsteps coming down the wooden staircase stirred them all awake and he stood up.

"Hello, guests." A voice said.

"Who are you?" Michael asked.

"My name is Willem Janszoon." The voice smiled and stepped into the light.

"Wait but, you're dead." Calum frowned.

"Nah, that's my great grandfather and my dad." Willem waved them off. "Unfortunately, they passed the name down every generation. You didn't let me finish, I'm Willem Janszoon the third."

He stepped close to the cell door. "And I hear you found my ancestors old treasure map."

"Yeah, we did." Luke walked closer. "But we don't have it, its back at home."

"And the first clue was you, so now what do we do?" Michael asked.

Willem smiled. "I have the second clue." He unlocked the door. "Sorry about the wait, I was busy dealing with the storm."

He led them to his office. "Have a seat."

There were only two chairs, so Calum and Michael sat and Luke and Ashton stood behind them, Ashton making sure to keep plenty of space between him and Luke.