27

beomgyu sat at the empty classroom where he and yeonjun used to hang out daily. he has been here every single break since he and yeonjun fought, and naturally he thought that the both of them would come here if they both decide to make up again.

but there was no sign of the older entering the door.

beomgyu was slowly giving up, and he sighs, opening the snack drawer and starts shoving his mouth with the half opened bag of chips that he and the older would share, laughing and talking about the most random things ever.

beomgyu laughed to himself quietly, munching the chips in his mouth. he missed the older a lot. class was painfully long without the older throwing him notes, and him trying to smuggle food in class.

"pass me one."

beomgyu whipped his head around, finding himself making direct eye contact with his yeonjun hyung. he instantly feels flustered, and shoves the chip packet towards the older, looking away to avoid eye contact again.

"you selfish brat, coming here and eat alone without me."

"well i was waiting for you here for over a week!"

"doesn't mean that you can still eat everything without me."

yeonjun shoots the younger a playful glare, and it made beomgyu heave a soft sigh of relief. his hyung wasn't mad anymore.

"you aren't mad anymore?"

beomgyu asks, hopeful.

"i'm a petty asshole but i'm not that petty. i'm not mad anymore."

beomgyu's face instantly breaks out into a soft smile, which sent a similar smile on the older's face. the two of them break out into laughter and yeonjun feels his heart flutter again.

"but don't talk bad about soobin anymore. he's still my best friend."

the older states, his heart breaking a little when he said the words "best friend." he wanted to be more than that. beomgyu nods, mumbling a soft sorry and yeonjun throws him the now empty bag of chips.

"do you want to skip class again?" the younger asks, praying for a "yes."

yeonjun blinks, and nods, earning a smile from the younger. beomgyu took out another pack of junk food and plops it on the floor in between the two of them.

"eat up hyung."

~

it wasn't long before the bell rang again, but the two boys ignored it. it was more fun being with each other anyways.

"did anything happen this week that i missed?"

the younger asked, mouth filled with gummy bears.

"a lot. i went to see my grandfather, he doesn't recognise me though."

the younger gives the older a sympathetic smile, and he reaches for yeonjun's hand, intertwining their fingers together. he feels as if his hand was electrocuted, and he feels a smile forming on his lips, and tries to hide it with a cough.

i definitely like yeonjun hyung

"anything else?"

yeonjun contemplates for a bit, and he nods. he shuffles closer to the younger and the next few words that tumble out of his mouth caught beomgyu off guard.

"can you kiss me please?"

beomgyu's heart was doing cartwheels, somersaults, acrobatics, and whatever jumpy feeling in one go. did his crush really ask for a kiss?

"wh..where?"

"lips."

the older said it with so much confidence, and beomgyu swore that he can hear his own heart thumping in his chest wildly.

"why do you look so stunned? we are friends with benefits after all right?"

yeonjun laughs, and beomgyu weakly laughs back. he presses a soft smooch onto yeonjun's soft lips and pulls away, instantly licking his lips. the two seconds of yeonjun's lips on his felt as if he was on heaven. it was pure bliss, having those soft lips planted on his, a feeling which he would never forget and would treasure forever.

but yeonjun continues to sit there, not moving a muscle.

"what's wrong?"

beomgyu asks, feeling slightly concerned. yeonjun would normally smirk at him, or at least show some signs of flirting back, but he's sitting there, still and unmoving.

"beomgyu?"

"yeah?"

there was a moment of silence, and yeonjun heaves an audible sigh and opens his mouth.

"i think i like soobin."

~

it wasn't long before yeonjun succumbed to the world of slumber, and fell asleep. beomgyu was still next to him, and the younger was analysing a sleepy yeonjun next to him. he noticed how his eyelids flutter slightly, and how his lips would open and shut on certain occasions.

"i think i like soobin."

beomgyu shook the memory away, and silently wished that the older was just lying and playing with him. but there was no way, yeonjun looked so serious when he was saying that, plus it isn't a very funny thing to joke about either.

beomgyu sighs, reaching for the older's small frame and embracing him, knowing that this is probably the first and last time he will ever get a chance to cuddle the older. he liked how small the older was in his sleep, he liked how warm the older felt next to him, he liked everything about the older.

yeonjun snuggles closer towards beomgyu, and he starts sleeptalking, which was something beomgyu didn't expect.

"soobinnie i miss your cuddles."

beomgyu's lips formed a small "o", feeling his heart break into pieces. he patted the older's head, ignoring the stinging tears that were forming in his eyes.

"yeonjunnie missed soobinnie's head pats too."

and beomgyu lay down beside the older, trying his best to fall asleep next to his crush, praying that when he wakes up, everything will be back to square one again.

~

a/n: this chapter was kind of rushed, sorry, i just hit my head and i think i'm gonna get a concussion