33 (special)

5 years later,

yeonjun and beomgyu graduated, and they were both given a chance to further their studies out of korea. yeonjun went to the dance academy, and beomgyu was accepted into harvard to study law. it was kind of unexpected how the two of them even managed to receive an opportunity to go overseas to study, considering how the duo hated studying 5 years ago.

yeonjun was accepted into another dance academy in america too, but he chose not to go, since he was too attached here in seoul and he cannot really find motivation to take 14 hours to fly to the united states to pursue his dream. beomgyu on the other hand, was currently packing his stuff in the shared apartment he had with yeonjun.

the older was sitting on the bed, looking fondly at beomgyu who was mumbling things to himself in annoyance.

"i hate packing oh my god. junnie, do you think 20 pieces of underwear, 10 pairs of socks, 10 shirts and 10 pairs of pants can last me for a week? oh and also do you think i can fit another bag of chips inside? WHAT'S THE WEIGHT LIMIT OF LUGGAGES I HATE MATH."

yeonjun laughs, sticking his hand out and pats beomgyu's fluffy hair endearingly, feeling slightly disappointed that he cannot do this daily for the next three years when his boyfriend was away.

beomgyu stops rambling and he looks at his lover, shooting him a look that the other couldn't really decipher. yeonjun stops patting the younger's head and gets off the bed, sitting on the messy floor that was scattered with clothing next to beomgyu.

"what's wrong?" the older asks, leaning his head on beomgyu's broad shoulder, which makes the flustered boy's heart flutter. yeonjun can just stand there and beomgyu was sure that he could just burst into tears and kiss him all over the face, which is rather stupid considering they got together for three years already.

"n..nothing!"

yeonjun shoots him a suspicious glance and beomgyu almost caves in immediately. beomgyu heaves a sigh, shaking his head and he pats the older's hair that was tickling his neck.

"do you know what's the date today baby?"

beomgyu asks, and yeonjun sits up straight, shaking his head.

"december 5th."

oh right, yeonjun had forgotten.

"it's soo- i mean, it's his birthday. are you sure you can cope alone for today? my flight's in 3 hours, i have to rush to the airport now. i know how emotionally taxing it is for you, if you want i can just go there tomorrow ins-"

yeonjun shuts him up with a peck on the lips, which was incredibly useful and the younger shuts up immediately.

"i'll be fine. you can go."

"really hyung?"

yeonjun nods his head, smiling at his concerned boyfriend. beomgyu's lips formed a small pout and he softly smiles.

"let's send you to the airport now."

taehyun and hueningkai couldn't make it to send beomgyu off because of their finals, but they did prepare a video message and sent it to him that morning. beomgyu laughed, knowing that they probably filmed this in the middle of the night because every few seconds one of them would yawn, but it was touching nonetheless.

yeonjun had one hand on the steering wheel, and the other one on the younger's thigh, occasionally squeezing it when the traffic lights turn red, and beomgyu went equally as red.

it was a silent ride, but the two of them enjoyed the silence, the radio would run in the background, and the two of them would hum softly to the music playing. the ride wasn't long, and the two of them hated to admit it, but they were trying to enjoy the last few moments with each other before they get separated for 3 years.

after a 10 minute drive, yeonjun parked the car at the carpark, but both of them didn't step out of the car immediately, but instead looked at each other fondly in the eyes.

"do you want to tell me anything before i sit in a metal capsule for 14 hours?"

beomgyu jokes, laughing while trying to mask his sadness. yeonjun turns to face his boyfriend fully, and he lets out a sad sigh, chewing at his lips and he looks into the adorable doe eyes that beomgyu owned. god he's so adorable.

"i'm sorry beomgyu."

yeonjun mumbles, caressing the younger's hands fondly as he heaves in a breath. beomgyu's eyes furrowed, feeling slightly concerned. why was he apologising?

"i'm sorry that i cannot replicate the same feelings that i felt for soobin back to you."

beomgyu lets out another soft chuckle, but this time he had tears in his eyes, not knowing where this will turn into.

"no gyu, don't get me wrong. i do love you, but the thing is that i still love soobin. i'm dating you but half of me wants to go back to him, but since he's dead i'm trying my best to move on. but i can't."

beomgyu noticed how yeonjun's voice starts to quiver, and how his eyes remain fixed onto his lap, as if he was too embarrassed to look at the other.

"i'm so sorry. i'm such a shit ass boyfriend, and i feel so freaking bad because you show so much care for me but i'm not doing anything particular to you."

beomgyu shakes his head, feeling the sudden urge to grab the older in his arms and tell him that he isn't mad, but what can he do in such a small space that they were both in right now? plus, he knew that he'll cry once he tries to say something, and he doesn't really want to, especially since he'll get weird looks by the people in the airplane.

"stop, please. at this rate i'm going to cry my eyes raw."

beomgyu tries to crack a joke, but instead of a laugh leaving his lips, crystal tears start to fall from his eyes, and he quickly wipes them away, knowing that yeonjun would feel shittier if he knew that he was crying.

yeonjun slowly looks up to stare into beomgyu's eyes again, noticing how the eyes were filled with tears that he was trying to fight back, and he felt a pang in his heart. he was the reason why beomgyu, a human version of the sun, was shedding tears.

"kindly do me a favour and shut up. it's fine, i can't force you to love me as much as you love him, but all that matters is that i know some part of you loves me for me, and i love you too. don't beat yourself up because of something like this ever again, or else i'm flying back to korea and whack your ass with a whip."

and this time, beomgyu smiles past the obvious tears sliding down his cheeks, which makes the floodgates of yeonjun to open.

"oh god why are you crying now you stupid goose."

beomgyu laughs, sticking out a sweater paw to wipe the older's tears. he wasn't sobbing, but silent tears of regret and gratitude were leaving his tear ducts, and it pained beomgyu to see him like this.

"what do you call shaving a crazy sheep?"

the younger asks, grabbing yeonjun's hand into his. the older shrugs, taking his other spare hand to grab on beomgyu's pinky.

"shear madness."

and the two burst into laughter, feeling euphoria snake through all of their bodies like magic.

a/n: um..

one more chapter I PROMISE ITS ENDING AFTER THAT