Bonus chapter +1

Ashanti De' Luca

Ashanti De' Luca

Imogen Valentina De' Luca

My baby girl. My pride and joy.

" Hi!" I coo to the tiny baby in my arms. My thumb brushes over her brow, the barely there hair tickling the pad of my thumb as I lean down, peppering kisses on her chubby cheeks.

" Did you sleep well?" I question as she coos softly." I would hope so since we got some decent hours of sleep last night," I whisper as I walk her to her changing table to check her diaper.

Imogen was four months old.

Born on August 17th. She was the sweetest little baby ever. But when she cried she wasn't very sweet. She would make it known when she was uncomfortable, needed a diaper change, the boob, or a nap.

She was so quiet but so vocal at the same time, but mostly quiet.

The floorboards creaked behind me, indicating that her father was trying to sneak up on me. I felt his body heat on my back before his breathing tickled the skin on the back of my neck. His big hands wrapped around my waist, pressing me against his hard front.

My smile spread across my cheeks so big that the corners of my mouth started to burn.

Alessandro dug his head into my neck, inhaling a deep breath before brushing his lips against my skin softly. "Good morning, butters." His voice is husky and thick with sleep.

" Good morning," I greet as I finish up Imogen's diaper and lean over to throw the old diaper into the diaper genie.

As I lean out of his hold, Alessandro's hands abandon my waist and reach out for our daughter. He puckers his lips up, preparing himself for the impact of her chubby cheeks.

" Buongiorno mia bella principessa," he speaks to her in a softer tone, almost like a whisper. It warms my heart everytime he speaks to her in Italian and in general.

-goodmorning my pretty princess

We were both so attached to the small bundle of joy that we created. She was one of the best things that we have ever done. Each day with her was a blessing and I cherished every moment and memory that we have created.

" You look just like your momma, and your momma is the most beautiful girl that I've ever seen." He smiles at me as Imogen stares at him with a small smile, her gums on slightly on display. " Yeah, you do." The sounds of his kisses on her cheek and her little giggles make me melt on the spot.

After I'm done cleaning up the changing table, I walk out of the room behind Alessandro, turning the lights off and closing the door behind me. Instead of taking the steps, he takes the elevator near the stairwell— an extra precaution he had installed when I was pregnant.

Alessandro was always cautious and extra gentle with Imogen, it was as if he was afraid he would break her. If anything I think she felt more at peace in his arms than anywhere else.