chapter 20.

Alessandro De'Luca

Alessandro De'Luca

Fuck.

I felt like I had been through hell and back. My body had been through some pain before. I've dealt with knife wounds, bullet wounds, you name it. But this pain was a different type of pain.

Opening my eyes I let out a harsh groan. My ribs were hurting like a bitch. My shoulder was in a flimsy ass sling.

It could be worse. I could be dead.

I just had one thought on my mind right now... killing that piece of shit Owen and his dogs. He better count his mutha fucking days.

Turning my head, I looked over and saw Ashanti curled up in a chair. A blanket wrapped around her, knees tucked into her chest, and her head leaned onto her elbow. I could hear her soft snores from here.

It had been two days since the accident. Apparently I'd slept for those two days and she hadn't left my side since. I remember coming and going out of consciousness, but everything else was a bit foggy.

I just wanted out of this hospital room. I wanted to be in the comforts of my own bed and home.

"Butters." I whisper getting bored of the quietness. There was never a moment of peace and quiet when you have a family the size of mine. The quiet was ...eerie to me. "Butters." I hiss throwing a pillow at her.

If i'm lucky she'll be happy to see me up ,and not wanting to kill me for disturbing her sleep.

She moaned and groaned as she sat up rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "What the fuck." She grunted, eyes adjusting from her sleep. I watched as she looked around the room before turning towards mine.

A sigh of relief left her as she got up and hurried towards me. "You fucker," She slapped my non injured shoulder. "Don't scare me like that again." I chuckled as I pulled her arm towards me.

"I can't promise that."

And I couldn't. There is always going to be a scare here and there. That's why aren't afraid of death. We've been at its doorstep once or twice already. Hell this job is basically facing death in the face everyday. If anything, death should be afraid of us.

"I'm glad your ok." I felt her lips press softly against my forehead. My eyes closed slowly at the feel of her plump lips on my skin. I missed this, missed her.

"I missed you." I confess once she pulls away.

Her hands trailed softly down my face, caressing it."I missed you too," she smiles softly. "Did—"

Just as I was going to ask about her parents, the door to the suite opened.

"We didn't know what to get you—" Gianni came in with everyone following behind. My smile widened as he stopped in tracks. "Ughh not this little shit." he playfully rolled his eyes as he walked over to me.