chapter 1.

Ashanti Smith

Ashanti Smith

"Ash it burns"Gillian whines as I applied the bleach to her hair.

Here's the thing about my nearest and dearest friend Gillian or Gill for short. Every single time she gets heartbroken she dyes her hair, it's been a rough year for her in the romance department. Last time it was a rosy pink, this time we're dying it Lilac. Lucky for her she can make any colorwork.

"You say this every time and yet every time it comes out looking good so suck it up buttercup, "I tell her as my best friend Ivy comes running into the kitchen of our house with our other roommate Zara following behind her.

"Stop everything you're doing "Ivy shouts as she jumps around."The record label launch party is this weekend"She says and we all cheer and hug her.

"OMG "Gillian squeals as she jumps out of the chair making me drop the bottle of dye on the white flooring."Oh shit "she gasped picking up the bottle. Luckily nothing spilled and the floor didn't stain it. That would've been hell to clean up.

"But Ashanti, "Ivy said turning towards me giving me a stern glare ." Alessandro is going to be there obviously and this is important to me so pretty please," she says making begging hands at me knowing how I feel about that man.

"Ivy I would never do anything to ruin your night, "I tell her pulling her in for a hug."I love you lots and I'm very proud of you and the girls, so with that being said I can put my differences aside for the night."

As much as I loathe Alessandro I wouldn't ruin my best friend's night over petty beef.

"I never understood why you and he have so much beef," Zara said unloading her bag that was filled with celebratory champagne.

"Here we go"Gill groaned mixing her dye in the bowl."They have no reason for hating each other. "

"Umm I have plenty of reasons to hate him, "I said grabbing a glass from Zara."He's a fuckboy who has zero respect for women and fucks and chucks them the next day. Not to mention he slept with our TA and scored higher than me on an exam I worked hard on"

Ok, the last part might've been a stretch because I knew he had a high IQ score with a little bit of internet stalking.

"I believe you like him, "Ivy said sipping her champagne."Bullshit "I say taking a swing of the rest of the champagne and setting it down.

"Ohhh you should rebound with him since he and Malik have that ongoing feud," Zara suggested making us all groan at the name of my two-timing no good for nothing cheating excuse of an ex. He ended up learning his lesson after my cousin Khalid visited him the day after, so I was very happy after that and pushed the anger and sadness that I felt for his betrayal away.

Please I'm Ashanti fucking Smith. I shouldn't be in my feelings over a dude who couldn't even find the clit.I'm much better than that.

"Me and Alessandro De'Luca will never have any form of feelings or emotions towards each other, other than hatred" I declared.