chapter 29.

TW: Sexual Assualt/ Attempted R*pe and Violence

flash forward:

"Ashanti, would you like to share today?" The group leader asked as I looked up from fiddling with my fingers.

I looked around to see some of the group giving me reassuring nods. Then I looked to Audrey to see that she had a soft smile on her face as her attention was on me.

"Ok." I finally have the courage to say after a few minutes of going back and fourth in my head.

"It happened about three months ago." I nod my head as I tried to do the math mentally.

"I was in this internship in New York and there was this co-worker. He had um made inappropriate passes before and took advantage of a moment of weakness that I had at a bar."

I took a quick breath before continuing. I hadn't really talked about with anyone after what happened.

"He umm—" I looked at the window as I chewed on the inside of my cheeks."He sexually assaulted me and banged me up a little bit. He was so close to go that extra step had it not been for someone else."

flashback: three months earlier

"I'm going to be a little late getting there." Alessandro came into the bathroom as I finished up my makeup on the bathroom counter. I nodded my head as he placed a kiss to my temple. A small smile spreads on my face as he pulls away and squeezed my shoulders.

"Family business?" I wiggle my brows at him as he laughs."You can come with me you know,"He sits on the edge of the tub as he laces up his boots. "You look hot in the all black."

Of course that's what he would be worried about.

"I'm sure I do." I muse as I spin off of the counter. I walked over to the door and grabbed the dress that was hanging on the back of it. He watched me carefully as I slide into it.

I turned around waited for him to zip me up. The coldness of his fingers bit as my skin as he trailed his hands down my back. Goosebumps began to form in the wake of his touch.A small gasp leaves my lips as he lets out a chuckle.

Cocky arrogant bastard.

Once the zipper was zipped all the way up. I ran towards the room and grabbed my heels before slipping on my sandals. I was DD tonight and I was not trying to drive in heels.

"Love you,"I kiss his lips softly before grabbing my purse." Be safe please." He nods his head slowly, a hint of mischief flashing in his eyes as he stares down at me.