chapter 38.

"Okay

"Okay." Alex said as we stood in the middle of the mat.

It had been two days since we got Jaden and his girlfriend. I refused any contact with him until I was ready for it.

"Try this sequence," Alex spoke as she showed me the maneuver." Throw it up, catch it by the handle, toss it again, and then stab. Don't be afraid to get cut— nine times out of ten you will."

I tried it once and didn't really get it. The second time I almost stabbed my pinky finger. The third time I got the catching and tossing part down but not really the right angle for a good stab.

"That was good," Natalia said from the side lines."Try using your legs a little more for better momentum."

"Like this," Mya did a sequence with her knife and finished with a strong stance. "Try it."

I followed Mya's sequence based on memory and ended in a good stance. It wasn't as strong as Mya's but it was a great angle for a stab.

"Perfect!" Alessa clapped as she stood up and walked towards the target. "Now we'll teach you to throw knives the way Alessandro taught us."

My brows raised in worry as she stood in front of the target.

What the fuck was wrong with my boyfriend?

"You want me to throw it at you?" I questioned skeptically. Alessa nodded her head with a devilish quirk of her lips.

"I trust you, you just have to trust yourself Ash."

Alex came over and helped me with my stance. The coldness of her ring bit into my exposed skin wherever she touched me causing a yelp to escape my mouth.

"Okay," When she was done she smacked my ass and backed away. " You're all set. Just throw it without any second thoughts or hesitations."

What type of Divergent shit was this?

Shaking the thought out of my head, I took a deep breath and let the knife fly from my fingers. It flew by so quickly that I didn't even notice it land right near Alessa's ear.

She turned her head ever so slightly and looked up at it. I waited for her to bring her hand to her ear to show any signs of me nicking her ear.

"Good throw. Maybe a little harder for more agility."

"Okay." Trying again I threw it a little bit harder. It was a more precise throw, this time it landed a few inches above her head.

"That's good. You have great aim already with your shooting skills, just don't over think it." Alessa pushed off of the board and grabbed the knives.

My hair was sticking to my chest due to the sweat running down my breast, my back, and my ass crack. Sage handed me a hand towel as I tied my hair up into a more secure bun.