chapter 33.

Ashanti Smith

Ashanti Smith

"We should leave this bathroom." I laugh as I slide off of the marble countertops. He stared down at me silently as I dried my face and cleaned under my eyes.

I took a tissue and handed him one. After blowing our noses we took turns washing our hands. Alessandro grabbed my hands in his as we made our way out of the bathroom.

I leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked down the hallway slowly. I could see the sun setting the closer we got towards the backyard door. We walked in silence as we made it to the little circle that our family was seated in.

They were so engaged in the conversation of finding out the name that Sage and Gio picked out for the baby, that they didn't notice Alessandro sit in my old seat and pull me onto his lap. His hand wrapped around my waist as I crossed my legs and leaned my head on his shoulder.

He was quick to turn his head and press his lips to my forehead, giving me soft repetitive kisses. A warm feeling ran through my body at finally feeling his affection after so long. A content sigh left my lips as we watched everyone quietly.

I mentally laughed knowing that Sage had no intentions of revealing the baby name until he was born.

"Hold up!" Vadim scooted towards the edge of his seat."Are we just going to ignore these two cuddling and acting so nonchalant right now?" Everyone's attention turns towards us.

They stare at us blankly before speaking loudly over each other. I just leaned further into Alessandro's embrace and kissed his chin. A soft deep chuckle rumbled against my back as we listened to them.

"Are you coming back now, Ash?" Natalia asked removing her head from Gianni's shoulder as she addressed me. I took a minute to respond to her question, my decision was already made the moment I stepped off of the plane.

I was going to come back home regardless of how me and Alessandro's talk went tonight.

I could feel Alessandro looking down at me causing me to turn and look up at him. The look in his eyes told me that he was eager but worried about my reply at the same time.

I smile softly at him before turning back to the group. " I think it's time for me to come back home." The group started up the talking over each other excitedly as a content smile stretched across my face.

"I missed this." I sighed as he continued his actions in rubbing my sides. "Me too." He whispered as he nudged my head to the side with his nose. "But right now I just want to leave this damn party and make up for lost time."