Chapter 5: The Awakening of Yamato

Start from the beginning

Yamato: He's right. I am useless, weak, too weak... I don't deserve to be called Kozuki Oden. I'm not like him, I don't have his strength, his bravery, or his determination. I'm just Yamato, pathetic, and I don't have the right to admire him... He sacrificed his life to save his men and Wano while I will be killed by a boy younger than me. Father would have been ashamed of me...

"Kaido: You can die, Yamato! "

Yamato: I'm going to die here, and I won't join the battle in 20 years. I can't honour Oden and Wano... The vision of Yamato clouded as she had difficulty seeing the figure of the boy, who felt the strength of Yamato vanishing. Her eyelids were closing slowly as she accepted to leave this world.

"???: Oden..."

Yamato: What? What is it? She wondered as a voice resonated with images that passed in her mind as tears filled her eyes.

"Oden: Oden wouldn't be Oden! "

Yamato: If... it... wasn't... IF IT WASN'T BOILED! I take him as a model, so I can't die here! I must fight because my dreams are waiting for me! I can't die without achieving them! She thought with tears flowing along her face. She spat blood on the boy's face before suddenly grabbing his arm to his surprise.

(Y/N): What are you going? You can see that it's useless to struggle! He said with a smile before being astonished by a pain in his arm as he felt the strength of Yamato was crushing him more and more.

Yamato: My name is Kozuki Oden, but also Yamato! I won't die before freeing Wano and sailing off! She shouted at the top of her lungs.

She expressed the emotions inside her as sharp teeth began to grow. At the shock of the spirit controlling (Y/N)'s body, she hit him in the cheek with all her strength before he flew off and fell to the ground, causing a crash with a smokescreen. The little boy grunted as he noticed blood dripping from his nose, his eyes widened at the sight of the shape of Yamato that had changed into a huge wolf.

(Y/N): What is it? The power of a Zoan! How is this possible? I am not used to this body yet, it becomes dangerous if she masters such a power! He thought with sweat flowing from his forehead as he hurried to flee from the great power of Yamato who seemed invincible as things stand.

Yamato: I want to be free and see the world. She said as she observed the boy before raising her head and taking a deep breath and releasing a powerful blast that shook the roof on which they were standing.

The wind blew as he was trying to flee, but an injury to his leg caused by the landing after the Yamato's blow, prevented him to run away. Desperate, he struggled as best he could while trying to crawl, but it was useless in front of Yamato's blast which struck him head-on and propelled him away, falling again.

In the depth of his mind, (Y/N) was terrified by the screams of the evil spirit that suffered from the attack of Yamato in the real world. The boy didn't understand such a behaviour and begged that this torment be ended. He wanted nothing more than to return home to his parents.

Gashadokuro: That bitch! She will pay for it! I'm going to make her suffer!

(Y/N): He is talking about Yamato? That means that he is fighting her... She's going to be killed with my own hands... Because of me... All his my fault... But why? It's unjust, we don't deserve this.

Gashadokuro: I'm going to kill her, then I will kill the sword fighter. That bastard who has destroyed my original body. Because of you, the Kaze D. are a real curse... Your only goal is to attack the Yokai.

(Y/N): I don't understand.

Gashadokuro: You don't understand anything. Why are you born with this power? The Kaze D. are a family that hunts evil spirits to exorcize or seal them in their temple. It's a temple where all the secrets of your clan are hidden and where you can find many other Yokai who are sealed.

(Y/N): The Kaze D.'s temple.... My parents never told me about this! How do you know about this?

Gashadokuro: I'm tired to answer your questions, I don't want to say any more. You'll stay here for eternity while I control your body and taste the freedom.

(Y/N): That's enough, I'm fed up! Okay, you can stop answering to my questions if you want. However, I don't want to be controlled by a disgusting skeleton. O-Kiku has beaten you, so accept your defeat. The one who sealed you had made a mistake, since now you are free to cause the chaos. Innocent people already have lost their lives, and I won't let you touch anyone else! It's because of me that you are free, so I'm going to fix the situation! He exclaimed as he focused his power in his hands, which released a whitish light to the panic of the creature.

Gashadokuro: Wait, kid! Don't do it!

He yelled as he put his hands on the ground before the whitish light that emanated from the boy's hands penetrated into the ground that changed colour before spreading through the whole place, banishing all traces of darkness at the cries of the torment from the evil spirit whose the voice sounded like an echo that was disappearing.

(Y/N): Farewell...

Gashadokuro: Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! I was stupid! I underestimated him! I was too soft as I talked with him, I never thought that he was able to do that! I never learn from my mistakes, once again, damn it! Furthermore, he is a Kaze D., the blood of Sora, there is no worse shame! Shit! I refuse to disappear! I refuse to disappear like that! (Y/N), I will curse you for eternity! I promise you that your life will be ruined after today, be cursed! He cried out as he disappeared.

In the real world, a headache struck (Y/N) who became unconscious to the surprise of Yamato who was perplexed by the lack of reactivity of her enemy. Suddenly, she collapsed to the ground as she was changing form, shrinking to her original form because she was at her limit. O-Kiku landed on the battlefield of the two children as she was in shock to see them unconscious on the ground before turning her attention to the damages that indicated a battle, although she was confused.

O-Kiku: What has happened here? I swear that I saw a giant wolf...

Outside the Flower Capital, near a peaceful river. A young man was walking in the moonlight which reflected through the water of the river, his attention turned to a plant that made him smile as he rushed towards it before suddenly kneeling. He carefully grasped a fruit with the shape of a blue apple with spirals as his tears dropped on it.

???: Finally, I find it... Your inheritance, Lady Toki...

"???: Your power?

Toki: Indeed, my power enables me to control time. More precisely, it allows its user to travel into the future. However, it only allows to travel to the future and that's irreversible. It's a rare and precious power... Take care of it if something happens to me."

???: I promise to honour you...

End