Chapter 30 - escaping

Start from the beginning

My wolf started to accept this. And that's exactly why I need to get out of here.

Tomorrow or today, maybe right now.

Before he will mark me and my body won't be able to reject it again, I'm not confident my wolf will. She'll accept it, and the moment I'm marked and we form a physical bond is the day I'll be doomed.
"Moan for me, my love." He kissed my neck and I felt his canines scrape against my neck. "Oh, I want to mark you so badly."

"Please, my love."

My mind reminded me strongly, I had to resist the urge to comply. This wasn't the real Leo. Today I was getting out of here. I moaned for him and got completely lost in his pleasure, "Leo..."

"When my love?" He grunted and entered me slowly, connecting our bodies to the hilt.

The pleasure wasn't fake, I hated myself for it. My hips rode up and down and my moans sang a song for him. "Soon okay?" I released through my moans and connected our lips.

He bit my lip slightly and sped up his pounding. I pulled back from his lips and his my face in his neck. He went so deep into me that my juices were flowing. "Tonight?" He pulled my hair back so I had to look at him, "I'll mark you tonight my love. It's time, we'll bond and you'll start the treatment and I'm sure we'll get a beautiful family. I'll protect you, I'll take care of you forever."

Survive.

Survive.

The thought alone scared the crap out of me but I nodded. He smiled genuinely at me and kissed me again. His claws held onto me as he reached his release. "I promise I won't make you regret it, I truly love you, Luce."

I gulped and hid myself in his neck again. He rubbed soothing circles over my back while I held my tears back. I felt dirty, I wanted to scrub every inch of my body.

Survive.

Survive.

Do anything.

After our quick moment, he placed me back on the couch and kissed me tenderly, whispering how much he loved me and that he would be back before nightfall. And then he promised to show me every corner of this house for our marking ceremony.

I played along. I gently laid my arms on his shoulders and also demanded his pants now. He was thrilled about this accomplishment. A female willing to smell like him to this extent. He had to completely get a new outfit, while I snuggled under the blanket with his clothes.

He said he'd be back as soon as possible and I answered he'd be careful with the other Alpha. He liked that.

But the moment he left I threw the blanket off me and huddled towards the kitchen. I grabbed the jar of flour and fished out the paper clips I had hidden a long time ago. He never suspected a thing.

And now that I had his pants, his shirt, and his hoodie I could make a run for it. My scent was mostly hidden now. I also grabbed a coat from him and tugged the hoodie over my head.

My heart... My heart still longed for Declan, but I would lie when I said I was anxious to leave what started to feel like home. My wolf started appreciating Leo for providing all this.

But I slapped my cheeks, don't be crazy. Do not fall for these tricks. Don't let your mind play tricks on you. I need to get back to Declan and beg for his forgiveness. Ask if I can have a chance, just one chance. I'll prove myself.

I formed the paper clips so that I could poke them both in the keyhole of the front door. It had multiple locks so I was busy for ten minutes before all three locks were open.

I opened the door and was met with the fresh air. Freedom. I looked back at the cozy cottage. I had a mate, a real one. And he wasn't in this pack. The moment I would see Declan, sparks would fly again, I'm sure. I'm not bound with those cuffs anymore.

Most guards and warriors were at that meeting so the pack was quiet. Just a few walked along the path and passed the stores. The bakery smelled amazing.

Every time that Leo let me out I studied them. I studied the patrol and the pathways. I made sure to ask to go out at different times so my escape was always secured. I checked it multiple times, to make sure they switched shifts at the same time.

I walked among them but kept my distance. Just far enough so no one was suspicious of me.

Survive.

Survive.

My heart almost thumped out of my chest as I walked through the snow. It was still cold, but it wasn't freezing day and night anymore.  Because I wore the hoodie I wasn't recognized easily and I managed to get to the outskirts without walking past someone closely.

I saw the pack house in the distance but I anticipated where to go. The moment I passed the treeline, I started sprinting. I couldn't shift, my scent would be too prominent then. Now I was hidden by Leonardos' clothes. It would throw them off the trail when persuading.

Though if I was caught now, I'm greatly screwed. I don't doubt he'd tear off a limb or two. Which spurred me to run faster and faster.

I wasn't cold anymore because I was running and during my race, I spoke against myself. I'll be alright, I'll be okay.

Did Leo know I was gone already? For how long have I been running?

My lungs were burning, my muscles aching. I hadn't exercised in months and I  felt my condition had rapidly decreased. But I'll never stop.

The cold air was savage and my lips were tearing from the dryness of the air. And yet I kept going.

Eventually, it started turning dark, and now I finally shifted into my wolf. 

The snapping of my bones was an ache I hadn't felt in months. It was painful. I had no idea where I was, I didn't recognize the area. Trees were spreading around, but I was running uphill.

Which couldn't be good.

I followed the Moon's direction. I rolled in mud and animal feces, maybe Leo would still be able to track me but I'd make it damn hard.

The moment my paws hit the snow I howled loudly as I kept running. I would alert those following me, but my howls were for one and one person only. It was a howl meant for my true mate.

Find me.

Help me.

I need you.