Hakkai x fem reader

Spoiler alert
Oh there will be hhhhhhella spoilers in this one, probably up to the end of the black dragon arc at least. I think the arc ends at chapter 121 so if you're not up to that at least please don't read this
Anyway yeah I thought I'd give Hakkai some love and also a girlfriend while I'm at it. Enjoy my lovelies ;)

-------{•(✿)•}--------{•(✿)•}--------{•(✿)•}------

The sound of a fist hitting flesh echoes through the air. Oof that ones really got to have hurt. I think I heard a crack that time too. I don't move from the side of the door, my back against the wall.

I hear muffled noises come from inside of the room. Taiju had brought Hakkai to the black dragon base in a rush, he had been literally dragging him by the collar and took him into this room and asked me to stand guard to make sure no one disturbed their 'conversation'. Yuzuha had came as well but as far as I know she's been left in the main room.

I'd heard yelling and then begging and now the sound of violence can probably be heard from right down the corridor. Poor Hakkai, I know he doesn't deserve what happens to him but there's no way for me to help him or stop it. I really wish I could but I'm not strong enough to go against Taiju, no one is.

The door is thrown open and Taiju storms out, wiping blood off of his fist. He doesn't say a word to me as he stalks down the corridor.

When Taiju turns the corner I rush into the room and it's even worse than I thought it would be. Hakkai was lying on the ground, his back towards me, curled up in a ball. I could see blood drops all over the floor, I quickly run over and roll him over onto his back. His nose is definitely broken, the blood is covering the whole lower half of his face and one of his eyes won't fully open. Poor baby

"Hakkai-kun, what happened?" I say in a soft voice

"F'got to p'ck up tea l'st nigh"

Surely that doesn't mean he deserves to be knocked nearly unconscious.

"C'mon sit up, I'll help you get cleaned up"

I pull him up into a sitting position as he lets out a groan of pain and move him so he's leaning against the wall.

"I'll be right back, don't move" I say cupping his face with my hand before standing up

"I don th'nk I could iff I w'nted to" The corners of his bloody mouth twitch upwards. How can he get beaten up by Taiju and still find it in him to smile? He doesn't realise it but he's one of the strongest kids I've ever met. Him and his sister, they're so much stronger than they know.

I smile down at him before turning and walking quickly out the door. There's a bathroom down the hallway, I'll grab some wet paper towels from there to wash off the blood. It would be more ideal to take him to the physical bathroom but he's in no state to walk right now. How could someone do this to their own brother? What kind of monster am I following?

I push open the bathroom door, good there's no one in here. I could get in serious trouble with Taiju for helping his brother, something about 'interrupting family business' probably. I grab 2 handfuls of paper towels and wet them under the tap before making my way back out of the door. I walk briskly down the corridor and back into the room I'd left the injured boy in.

"It's just me don't worry, I'm back"

He said nothing but weakly smiled at me. He had both hands wrapped around his ankle, that must have been the crack sound I heard. I get right to work, kneeling down in front of him and begining to wipe the blood off of his face. He keeps his eyes closed at first, maybe enjoying the cold water against his skin, I'm not sure. What I do know is that once he opened them again, they never left me.