SPECIAL CHAPTER 01: JENKAI

***
K A I

Jennie Kim is not the type of Boss that anyone would want to work with.

She is workaholic. And here I thought I finally escaped my other workaholic boss, Park Chanyeol. Is this really my faith as an employee? To be working nonstop and clean up the mess of the higher-ups around me?

I already gave up to the idea of getting married because at this point, I don't think I have time for dating anymore.

"Here are all the documents that you want me to proofread Miss Kim." I said as I handed all the stacks of envelope and folders that I read all night.

"Here is another batch. And make me my black coffee, less sugar." She ordered in her cold-bossy voice.

I nodded as I grab another batch of papers that I need to proofread for her. She always has a high wall around her.. I work around her, accompany her because I am his Secretary but never once did I saw her smile. She barely even look at me in the eye and I always wonder why she has such a high wall around her.

Jennie is like a woman version of Chanyeol before he met Rosé.

As a Secretary, maybe all I need to do is find a lovelife for my Boss so she will loosen up a little? I can't help but think of all the possible single bachelor that could be a match for her but no one even came close. Mr. Oh would be a fit but they are just platonic friends.

Miss Jennie Kim is an independent woman, the type of woman that never like to bow down to anyone. I think an Alpha male is not suited for an Alpha female because their ideals would just clash and it will result to chaos.

And chaos to my Boss' lovelife is not good to me as an employee.

I wonder.. if she ever has an eye on someone after breaking up with Mr. Park Chanyeol?

I shook my head as I continue to work. I am just her Secretary, I should really stop myself from meddling with my Boss's life.

***
J E N N I E

I wonder why I always search for him?

Eversince he started working for me, I always notices every small things about him. Secretary Kim Kai. A weird, hardworking Secretary who obeys my every whim even if I am most of the time too much of a bossy spoiled brat.

I know I am not the type of a kind person.

Not everyone likes me in particular. I have encountered employees who hates me as their boss but when it comes go Secretary Kim Kai.. I never felt hated.

And maybe that's the reason why I am always looking out for him. He is efficient and hardworking. Because of him, all my works has been much easier than before.

I should thank Chanyeol for giving him to me.

"Your coffee." Secretary Kim Kai bowed respectfully as he gave me a small smile.

I want to smile back at him but I am too shy to do so. I like people to see that I am not an easy person to sway. I have walls around me that is not easy to break through. So why would I smile back to my Secretary?

The question is.. why won't I? I have to show my gratitude to him.

"Ugh!" I groaned out loud.

"Miss Jennie Kim?"

My eyes widened realizing that Secretary Kim Kai is just right beside me! This is so frustrating!

I felt my heart thumping loud inside my chest when Secretary Kim Kai took a step to my desk and scanned my reaction. His forehead creased as he leaned over. "Is there any problem?"

I look away as my face heated.. I fake a cough. "Uh.. n-no. There's no problem at all."

He blinked and then continue to stare at my face. I heave a breath again to compose myself as I stared back at him.. his chocolate brown eyes are enticing to look at.

I never thought Secretaries like him could be quite handsome too.

Tall, tan skin, and I'm pretty sure behind that corporate attire of his are muscle toned body on their right places. Damn. I can't help but curse inside my head.

Jennie Kim, are you crushing on your own Secretary of all people?!

I froze when I felt his hand on my forehead.

"You're not sick are you? You are so red, Miss Kim!" He looks genuinely worried.

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling. It has been so long since someone has worried about me. Everyone thought of me as an independent Princess who have it all to the point that no one even bother to worry about me because they are busy worrying about themselves.

"I am okay." I answered firmly.

He continue to stare at me and after a few seconds.. he retrieve his the back of his palm from my forehead as if noticing the short distance that we are in. Him leaning on my table to have a better look at me.

Secretary Kim Kai look startled that made me laugh. His eyes widened at my laugh that made me laugh more.

He coughed and look away. "This is the first time I saw you laugh, Miss Kim."

I cover my mouth using my hand as I stop myself from laughing further. I raised a brow at him and pouted to stop myself from smiling.

But I can't stop myself from laughing! He looks so cute with his flustered expression! Is he scared of me? Or is he scared of getting fired? He looks like a kid acting tough because his strict mother is beside him.

"Uhm.. I'll go get you another cup of coffee." He said as he tried to get my now empty cup.

I rolled my eyeballs as I raised a brow at him that made him pause. He stared at my face, waiting for my order to him but then the corner of lips rose to a genuine smile.

"Why do you look so cute?" I can't help but ask.

His jaw dropped hearing my straight forward question to him. I pouted to stop myself from smiling but a smile broke on my lips again as I continue to examine his flustered reaction.

"Uhm.." his adam's apple move upside down.

"Are you purposely acting cute infront of me, Secretary Kim Kai?" I asked, feigning strictness on my voice.

"N-no." He answered as he stood straight.

I stared at him from his black shiny shoes up to his perfectly gelled hair. A cute Secretary huh..

I just knew that he caught my fancy.

***
(A/N: It's been so long since I said that I will post this story's special chapter~ I just finished my finals exams for my every subjects for this first semester.

I hope you guys like this special chapter of JenKai<3)