27: RELATED

27: RELATED

***
R O S É

"Hey.. Uh.. Rosé right?"

I look up from arranging the notebooks of the kids to see Jisoo, she's really pretty.. I wonder how my sister got to know her.. and how Chaeyoung Unnie got to know Chanyeol.

"I'm sorry I've mistaken you for a close friend of mine.. you just really look like her." She said sincerely.

I nodded my head and smile. "It's okay.. I used to get that a lot when I was a kid."

She suddenly look confuse that made me giggle. "Chaeyoung is actually my twin sister."

She gasped. "Does Chanyeol know?"

I pouted and shook my head. Jisoo then sat beside me to ask me a lot of questions. She's kind and easy to get along with.. now I know why Suho is head over heels for her.

She has this aura around her that made me feel easily at ease. I feel like I already know her even before, maybe because she's a dear friend to Chaeyoung Unnie that I feel in my heart that I want her and me to be close friends as well.

"So.. you're not going to tell Chanyeol?" Jisoo asked.

I shrugged my shoulder and look away. "I'm finding the right timing to tell him."

"You know.. there's no right timing Rosé." She said.

I pouted and felt my stomach run cold. I don't know how Chanyeol would react once he found out that I am the twin sister of his beloved wife.

Would he terminate our contract?

I glance at Gunhoo whose busy playing with Jamjam and felt gloomy. I already cherished Gunhoo a lot. Inside my heart, he is already a son to me. I don't think I'll ever want to be away from him.. and..

I look at Jisoo and she is staring at my face as if she already reads what's going on inside my head.

I already told her about mine and Chanyeol's fake marriage.

"You have fallen for Chanyeol already don't you?" That was a question but she looks like she knew the answer already.

I heave a deep breath.

Jisoo patted my shoulder. "It's okay.. don't rush yourself. I hope you'll find the right timing you are talking about."

***
C H A N Y E O L

"My name is Park Rosé. I am not.. Chaeyoung."

Up until now in my office, my mind is floating on my encounter with Jisoo earlier. Kim Jisoo is a close friend of mine and Chaeyoung, she is even the only godmother of Gunhoo.

She mistaken Rosé as Chaeyoung? And how does Rosé know the 'Chae' that Jisoo is talking about is 'Chaeyoung'?

I grab the small frame on the side of my office desk that I always look at so I'll be inspired to work because with it, I feel like Chaeyoung is with me.

If only I could keep you like this photo Chaeyoung..

I stared at her beautiful face wondering what made Jisoo think that Rosé is Chaeyoung.. Now that I look at it, I realized that Jisoo is right. I only thought that Rosé is kind of similar to Chaeyoung.

But they are indeed look-a-like.

My mind flew to those times when Chaeyoung smiled at me with her cute eye-smile along with her cute chubby cheeks that Gunhoo got, then my mind goes back to the stolen glances of me to Rosé whenever I saw her smile at Gunhoo. They have the same smile.

My heart begins to thump loudly inside my chest as ideas came inside my mind.. is Rosé my Chaeyoung? But that can't be! I saw her.. I saw her.. died. And I often visits her grave to give her different colors of her favorite flower, roses.

"You look serious. What is it this time?" Sehun pulled me out of my deep thoughts.

"Does Rosé look like Chaeyoung?"

He look at me as if I'm blind. "You just noticed?"

I stared at him blankly but I nodded nonetheless. Sehun looks like he wanted to laugh at my face and tell me that I'm stupid. My jaw clenched but I remain calm.

"I guess I'm wrong for thinking that you're pursuing Rosé before not just because Gunhoo wants her to be his mother but also.. she looks a lot like Chaeyoung even though I only saw Chaeyoung on picture."

My brows furrowed because of his words. I called Secretary Kim to give me the personal profile of Rosé when I first investigated about her because of Gunhoo liking her.

"Here, Boss." Secretary Kai laid the folder on my desk.

I didn't waste anytime to open it. Rosé's full name Roseanne Park was written.. her job, her hobbies, and her education background until I reached the page of her family background.

Her parents' name were written in it.. but there are no siblings. I stared at it and wonder if Rosé is somehow related to my Chaeyoung..

"Call a trusted investigator. I want Chaeyoung's family background." I ordered Secretary Kai.

Sehun raised a brow at me and tilted his head. "I think you're going too far far.. investigating your dead wife's family background? Don't you know Chaeyoung's family Chanyeol?"

I shook my head. Chaeyoung told me that she's an orphan and that she doesn't want to talk about her family when I asked her about it once and I never asked again.

I don't know why.. but my guts is telling me that I need to know.

What if Chaeyoung is related to Rosé?

***
L I S A

"Why do you look at me like that?"

I was pulled out of my reverie when Rosé asked. Her brows furrowed confusedly as she stared at my face. I force a smile and just look down on my plate to avoid her eyes.

"How's Gunhoo's first day of school?" I changed our topic.

Her eyes then sparkled at the mention of the child. She really love Gunhoo. I can't help but smile at that as I heard Rosé tell me the story of how Gunhoo had troubles of making friends with other kids but Jamjam helped him and he had now a lot of friends.

She even told me that Gunhoo had progress in speaking.. I also felt proud of the kid.

We were busy talking to each other when her phone suddenly rang. She look over it and I watched how her expression change.. I stayed silent because I already have an idea of who the called could be.

"Appa..?" Rosé softly greeted.

Her face paled as the call continues and I feel my heartbeat beating faster too as I waited for her to end the call. Rosé look at me with a bewildered expression and I held my breath to wait for her news.

"I'm in trouble." She mumbles.

"Why?" I asked.

"My parents are on the way here to Seoul."

Oh shit..

***

(A/N: Quick and slightly shorter than usual update for today<3)