35: KEY

35: KEY
***
R O S É

I don't really hate my father.

I love him. He is my confidant. He is my strength whenever I am being scared when I was young. He was my assurance that I am loved, my Dad was my Hero.

Growing up.. my Mom was always focus on Chaeyoung because she is not as healthy as me. And my Dad would take care of me whenever he noticed that I am gloomy because Eomma wouldn't even look at me.

And because of that, I never felt any jealousy towards my twin. Appa helped me understand the situation. He balanced my relationship with my twin and eventually, I learn to just accept that Mom needs to attend to Chaeyoung most of the time because she needed it more than me. It is okay because I have Appa.

Not until the day that I found out that he hid the fact that Chaeyoung could survive if only I shared my bone marrow with her.

I could've saved my twin if only he told me that I am matched to be a donor for Chaeyoung.. but for some reason, he didn't tell me and Eomma.

And that's when I became distant towards my Father. I can't accept that he let Chaeyoung died just like that without even telling me that I can do something to save my twin!

I hate it.. I hate the fact that it's too late for me to know that information.. I hate the fact that I can't do anything but regret and blame Appa for not telling me.

I hate it more that I am crying now, being helpless just like how I used to be when I woke up with the news that my twin sister died..

"We need to perform a coronary artery bypass grafting." The Doctor said to my Eomma. "Are you the patient's wife?"

Eomma nodded she is crying harder than I am, "Y-Yes Doc. Is my husband going to be okay?"

I unconsciously held the hand of the person next to me as I anticipated anxiously for the Doctor's response. I felt Chanyeol's hand intertwining his fingers with mine.. "he will be okay." He reassured me, but I can't stop worrying.

"An artery or vein from his body is connected, or grafted, to a blocked coronary artery." The Doctor explained. "We will do our best to save him."

Chanyeol and I quickly came to catch Eomma when she almost fainted. "Yeobo.. please survive.. I still need you." I heard Eomma's plead.

I look at her as I tried to wipe my tears, I hugged Eomma tightly to give her strength.

"Appa will survive." I said with all my hope.

***

We waited for hours and we all can finally breath fine when the news of the Doctor's successful operation on Appa is announced.

I stared at my Eomma's tired face.. her head down on the bed, her cheek resting on Appa's hand while she is sitting beside Appa's bed. I removed my sweater and draped it on Eomma's shoulders.

I got deja vu on how she used to sleep like that.. only that it's not Chaeyoung on the hospital bed this time.

"You should take a rest too.. Rosé." Chanyeol said in a low whisper, trying not to wake my Mom.

I shook my head as I look at him. "Let's talk."

I know he saw the picture of me and my twin sister. He saw the picture of me and his wife. He already know the truth.. and I want to explain myself to him.

I don't want any misunderstanding between us.

Chanyeol stared at my face and caressed my cheek, I was expecting him to speak and ask me anything.. but I didn't hear any questions from him.