18: NERVES

18: NERVES

***
R O S É

"Of course, why wouldn't I attend my ex's wedding?"

My first impression about that girl is that she is really gorgeous! I am as straight as a ruler but I know how to appreciate another woman's beauty and I must say.. Chanyeol sucks for letting go an elegant looking girl like her.

("Her name is Jennie Kim. The one and only Heiress of the Kim Clan! And her family is a huge shareholders on both Oh Corporation and Park Industries.. she studied in New York for her PhD and apparently, I think it's the reason why you know? She and Mr. Park broke up ten years ago.")

I nodded as I brushed my teeth. I saw Lisa squinted her eyes at me through the video call.. ("you don't look bother at all.")

"Why would I be?" I proceeded on doing my skin care.

("Well duh! That Jennie Kim is your husband's ex girlfriend! And I just found out that she will be going to start a job inside Park Industries.")

I paused for a while to digest Lisa's information. Lisa looked at me expectantly as if she is expecting what my reaction could be but then, I shrugged my shoulder because I realize I don't really care if she work with my 'husband' or not.

That girl looked professional so I doubt she has any weird intention. Besides, I saw the way Chanyeol looked at her earlier.. it was not the look of a lover that longed for so many years.

More like a look of a friend genuinely happy to see another friend after so many years.

("You're not gonna do anything about it?") Lisa raised a brow at me.

I finally finished doing my night routine so I grab my phone to take a good look at her. "We are not real couple Lis. So why would I stop Chanyeol if ever he fall for his ex?"

Come to think of it, it is a good idea if he will fall for Jennie! He would divorce me and I would be free again!

Lisa rolled her eyes at me. ("So you're saying that it is okay for you to be cheated on for the second time around?")

I paused for a moment because I remember my own ex.

That vivid feeling of questioning myself if am I not enough? Is there something wrong with me for him to choose another girl over me?

--I then remember Chanyeol, and can't help but compare him to Jaehyun.

And a small smile crept on my lips when I remember what Chanyeol did when there's this lady who wants to flirt with him when we were on our so-called honeymoon on Hawaii.

"Chanyeol is different from Jaehyun." Waaay different.

("What made you so sure? I don't want you to be hurt again Rosie Posie.") Lisa muttered.

"I just know they are different. If ever Chanyeol indeed fall for Jennie Kim because they will be working together, then I am sure he is decent enough to tell me." I said and click my tongue. "Chanyeol may look like he doesn't care.. but I know he care about other people's feelings. I'm sure he would consider mine before dumping me if ever."

("You sound like you are starting to admire him huh?") Lisa's tone became teasing.

I rolled my eyes at her and made face. "Don't worry because falling in love is not part of our fake marriage."

("Like you could stop yourself from falling inlove?") She giggles.

"I can!" I confidently answers.