07: CONTRACT

07: CONTRACT
***
R O S É

"Haven't I made it clear already that I am not going to marry you?"

I looked up at Mr. Park and he stood tall infront of me. He eyed me as if he know that he would win me this time around.

I raised my chin up and challenge him with my gaze.

Mr. Park pursed his lips. "Let's talk. I'll make sure you'll say yes this time around."

I scoffed at his confident words but I let him talk nonetheless. I guess I need to atleast hear him out for helping me get out of jail.

"I paid all your family's debts." He said.

I look at him dumbfounded as I process what he just said.

He paid my family's debts?

All the money that my Dad wasted in gambling that costs for about a million and more?! My eyes widened as Mr. Park tilted his head, staring at me with a glint of amusement in his big eyes.

"Why would you do.. that?" I wanted to shout but I am too shock to even raised my voice at him.

Now my family is indebted to him! I am indebted to him.. I shook my head as I realized how he smoothly manipulated my situation. So now I don't have a choice but agree to marry him because.. "you are asking for me being your wife as a payment for my Family's debts, am I right?"

Mr. Park nodded. "Only for a year and all your debts are considered paid."

But I couldn't stand seeing his smug arrogant look for a day! What more for a year?! I wanted to say but I stopped myself, instead I look down on the contract and read what is written on it.

Me and Mr. Park would be married for a year only and then will divorce later. It says that I need to be a loving mother to Gunhoo and provide for the child's maternal needs and also, to help him cope with his trauma to make him speak up like a normal kid.

So.. this is all for Gunhoo.

My heart warmed up at how he cared and love his son. Not all Father is willing to do everything for their child, that's based on experience.

"Read the rules and regulations." Mr. Park said and so I obeyed.

I heave a deep sighed, the tip of my tongue wetting my lower lip as I tried to memorize all the rules and regulations made by Mr. Park.

-No boyfriend in that one year contract.

Yup, that's the only rule that he made. And for the regulations.

-I should take care of Gunhoo and treat him as my son.

-Both me and Mr. Park will behave as if we are family or more like a loving parents for Gunhoo.

That was all there is to it. I think it is kind of an easy task so I nod and sign my signature on the last page. And also to the marriage contract next to it. The fact that Mr. Park will still pay me for taking care of Gunhoo even though I am indebted to him is very helpful for me considering that I just lost my job.

"See? I told you I'll get you to say yes this time." He said with a smug look.

I clicked my tongue and rolled my eyes at him. "Manipulative jerk."

"Is that how you address your husband, wifey?"

Wifey? I scoffed.

Only for a year Park Rosé. This is for my family and to finally be free from all my Father's debts.