And We're Back To Square One

( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)

HEYA GUYSSSS! GUESS WHO'S BAAAAACK????! CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT THIS STORY IS ALREADY 2 YEARS OLD??? MAN, HOW FAST TIME FLIES. ANYWAY, PLEASE ENJOY THIS MASS UPDATE OF THE STORY.

A quick reminder for you all Yashiro is what we address the robot while Nene is referring to the past. Right now, Yashiro is reading Amane's journal which he wrote back in high school. She was reading it to find out more about her late creator and why she was made.

( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)

The next part of the log showed how he spent an awkward lunch break with three other people from her class. He got to meet her best friend, Aoi, the one with purple hair in the picture, and this guy who hangs around her called Akane. Amane felt like crying when he realized he met another simp of another person. Just why is she always surrounded by weird people?

I guess these two girls are such a match made in heaven then. He thought to him himself as Aoi chatted with him Akane glared at him from her back as a gloomy aura seeped behind him.

Then there was Lemon. Now that is a cool guy. Although he was too obsessed with his phone, when he wasn't, he is pretty interesting to talk to. In a strange way, he made Amane feel like he had an older brother.

Other than that, Amane was able to enjoy the rest of lunch in peace ever since he got here. He watched Aoi passing a sandwich over to Amane, whose face lit up but then darkened when she turned to Lemon to give a sandwich as well.

"Here you go, Amane," Nene gave him her own sandwich.

"Um..."

"Just take it, alright? I made too much since I was too hungry this morning. But after eating a bit, I don't think I can finish it. You know that wasting food isn't good. Think of all the poor children starving in Africa! And you look like you don't eat enough, just look at that juice box! Take it, I won't accept no as an answer!"

"..." What's wrong with drinking juice for lunch away? Amane frowned mentally as he saw determined the girl was.

At this point, there's no point in refusing anyway. Amane hesitantly yet gladly accepted it as he thanked her and began to dig in. Suddenly the whole world looked like a brighter place. The warm sun kissed his skin as he enjoyed having a proper conversation which he felt like he hadn't had in a while.

Maybe it isn't so bad to hang out with them... Maybe I should do that. Let's hope they don't mind.

After the break, the rest of the school went by peacefully.

As he sat in class, he started daydreaming again.

Maybe this is a chance for him to revive his old self. Maybe he could return to being the smartest guy in the year again. After all, if he could gain some companions, how hard could it be to get first place in the exams?

Maybe with that title, no one would dare touch him after that. If they do, the chances of them getting away with it is as tiny as a bird's brain.

Maybe he'll be able to gain more friends as he used as well.

And maybe... He'll finally be able to talk to Nene without worrying about other people.

Amane froze from his daydreaming.

He even planned to cycle his bike around town again this evening. Maybe he'll get to see Nene make a fool out of herself again.

Amane froze from his daydreaming.

Did he just wish to see THE Yashiro-san?

But she's the main reason why he's living in hell for the past few months.

Then again, she was the one who invited him to lunch and even gave some food to his pathetic self.

Well, he had to admit if it wasn't for her, he probably still be wondering what goal should he have for life right now.

When was the last time he ever daydreamed about the future?

He smirked sarcastically to himself.

Maybe I should give her some more credit.

"Yugi? Can you please revise the topic that we are currently discussing?" The teacher called out.

Amane stood up so suddenly from the shock that the whole class could hear one of his toes cracking. Amane cringed at the sound. He could hear someone giggle and some snickering at him.

He quickly looked at the blackboard.

"The.. quadratic formula?"

The teacher sighed as he closed his book as pinched the bridge of his nose.

"And this is why we focus, okay class! Yugi, do you know what class it is?"

"Umm... Math?"

The teacher shook his head. He bonked the nearest student to him on the head with the literature book the class was going through.

"Oof!"

"And this is why we must always clear the board after each class, alright guys?"

"JUST WHAT ARE THE GIRLS IN OUR CLASS DOING THESE DAYS?!" A boy shouted from the other side of the room.

"OH, COME ON NOW!" The girls groaned in annoyance as the boys high-fived each other.

The whole class is in a ruckus now. Amane could only sigh as the scene.

I can't wait for school to be over soon.