The Third Miracle

Soon after that, their relationship grew from being  just a robot and her creator to more of a father and daughter one. He treated Yashiro as his own as no one would want a guy like him. Who'd like a freak as their husband or father? He thought. Besides, he had grown so protective over her that many people often mistaken them as family.

On the other hand, Yashiro can now meet other people without sounding so robotic anymore. Though her eyes are still dull and that she still can't show any raw emotion, many people thought she was normal and got along with her. Anyone close to Amane was close to Yashiro. She could even go grocery shopping alone!

Except Seven Eleven. The cashier dude kept a close eye on her whenever he's on duty since the accident. Seeing this, Amane wouldn't let her step inside every time they stopped during their weekly park adventures.

Anyway, let's go back to Amane. He still isn't giving up, even after countless trials and errors, he was so close to completing The Heart. He can't give up now, he's so close. Her tenth birthday was coming up tomorrow and he wanted to celebrate her birthday with a more meaningful gift for her.

If I was able make her come to life,

Then surely, I will be able to give her a heart.

Amane stared at the programme in front of him. He was almost finished. There is just one more missing piece that kept crashing  The Heart's system. He looked at Yashiro. She was charging peacefully on her chair with her eyes closed.

Even if she had been taking care of his well-being, she was still missing it.

Feelings.

Emotions.

Passion.

A heart.

A soul.

No.

He won't give up.

He just can't.

He looked at the clock. It was one in the morning. He massaged his head. Ever since Yashiro had been charging, he was beginning to feel dizzy. He drank water as he thought that it was due to his stress.

He hasn't been eating properly either. He thought that if he did, he lose his ideas since he was now so close to finishing it. You know, like when you're so into doing something and then when you're thinking about it while something else it sort of... poofed. He's not going to stop just yet. He needed to do this.

For her.

He chuckled at his own stubbornness.

There was a time when Yashiro forced him to sleep the whole day by locking him in his own room without any distractions. He smiled at the memory. She really is an assertive housekeeper.

( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)

"Amane, you're up early today-"

"Hey." He sluggishly greeted her back. His brown hair was all over the place and he had very very visible eye bags. He spent the whole week up when he an idea came to him. Which led him to another and another and another as he was progressing his project. They kept failing making him frustrated yet determined at the same time.

"What are you doing?"

"Making coffee," he mumbled loud enough for her to hear.

"Then why are you heating up an empty mug on the stove?" She asked perplexed.

"To make coffee." He repeated, that's when he woke up properly.

( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)