Shopping

He was woken up by the sound of footsteps outside his room. He checked his alarm. He had woken up earlier than usual today. It was Wednesday and six thirty in the morning. He stretched and got himself ready for the day. When he got out of his room, he smelt eggs being cooked.

He smiled. Of course, how could he forget? It's been nearly a year since Project Miracle worked. Ever since then, they have been doing tests and made further adjustments. The Heart is still on the go and it's still a long run to the finishing line.

His thoughts were interrupted when a familiar voice called him to eat breakfast. It turns out Yashiro decided to make omurice for the fellow today.

Ever since she could cook, Amane decided to set her to start at six in the morning and stop at eleven in he night to charge.  She was also set in free-roam mode so she won't be following him all the time. This allows her to do anything freely without being told to.

She also has hobbies now. She could watch TV, read or paint now. He remembered how Nene always envied their classmates that can draw beautifully while she wasn't as descriptive as she thought, so he was like, why not make Yashiro paint nice things as well for her own entertainment?

Plus, this mode made Amane and Yashiro even closer as they would chat on random topics related to her newfound hobby.

Yashiro handed him a cup of coffee and let him idle a bit more.

He bought her cheap water-based paints and told Yashiro to paint whenever she's bored or had no more chores left unfinished. She was more into realism than expressionism as she took inspiration from the scenery outside. She once gave him a picture of the moon she painted not so long ago. Then that led him to another idea; stargazing! They haven't done that yet, he tried remembering properly. It was something he used to do as a child.

As he was clouded in his own thoughts, he didn't he realized he was in Yashiro's way and ended up spilling his morning coffee on her uniform.

He bit his lip as he looked at the mess. Then it hit him that she had been wearing the same clothes since she was just a piece of metal. He also noticed that there were a few other stains on her uniform and that her hair was knotty and muttered about getting his eyes checked.

"Amane, your eyes are-"

"Yashiro, go change your clothes into mine, after work we're going shopping."

He ate his breakfast and waited for her to come out. When she did his heart dropped. She was wearing his neck turtle shirt and had the smallest jeans he ever owned. She looked so small.

He began to wonder if this is how Nene would look like if she wore his clothes. He smiled a little.

"Yep. We're definitely going shopping."

( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)><( ̄︶ ̄)

The rest of the day was filled him continuing his work on The Heart for non-stop with Yashiro pestering him to eat, drink or even blink once or twice.

Not wanting to tell her to buzz off, he gave her a book to keep her in company. He was able to work for a few more hours in peace until she came back saying she was done.

Deciding to give himself a break, he turned to her to asked what the book was about. The book was gifted to him by his aunt and he already read it as soon as it was given to him. He remembered crying alone at the back of class as his teacher was teaching at the front. He thought the ending was bittersweet and sad but couldn't wish for a better ending. Why is it always the characters that we love the most go through a lot of hardships? Why do they have to suffer so much? That's what makes it good right? When the author manages make you love the characters so hard and then toy with your emotions with such a cruel ending. Man, they play with your feelings so hard they even put those players at school to shame.