NOTICE ME

That night, Amane lay awake in his bed.

What the heck just happened??

I just witnessed my friend reject her biggest simp and I'm bothered about it.?

No way. Nu-uh. Nope. Not me.

There's no way I would like Nene. Sure she's nice and quirky. But she has the cutest hands and I-

SLAP!

Amane slapped himself back to reality. He got off the bed and started pacing around his room

Maybe it's her, not me.

Maybe because I hung out with her for too long, her overthinking tendencies are starting to rub off on me.

What should I do about this? Amane scratched his head, messing his hair even more. He looked around his room and saw his journal.

A lightbulb flickered over his head as his eyes widened with an idea.

The next day...

Experiment: What Is Wrong With Amane?

Hypothesis: the more he hangs out with Nene the more he loses his mind because of her.

Constant variable: Yashiro Nene
Manipulated variable: time spent with her
Responding variable: Amane's sanity level

Procedure
Week 1
1. Go to school.
2. Spend the week with Yashiro Nene.
3. Record the results.

Week 2
1. Go to school.                                                                                                                                                                        2. Ignore Yashiro.                                                                                                                                                                    3. Repeat each day for the week. 

Repeat the same routine for a month.  

(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠><⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠><⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠><⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠><⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)<⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)

As you could predict based on your ungodly amount of reading Wattpads about lovesick people in denial, Amane too, came to realize that he liked Nene. 

I came to realize just how fragile that girl was. She always felt alone. I just don't have the heart to leave her alone. If no one is going to protect her from the harsh world called life then I will. 

At least I'll try to. 

As Yashiro read his journal, she noticed how alarmingly frustrating his choices were over the few logs. Heck, she even cringed a little herself. I'll spare you the details. 

 (⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠><⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠><⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠><⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠><⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)<⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)

After realizing his feelings, the poor boy took even more time to man up and tell her. All those previous attempts were realized by Nene in the previous books as he would get his knickers in a twist and switch the topic as smoothly as he could or completely forget it and run away. 

ON THAT FATEFUL DAY 

He finally found some courage and decided to go find Nene during the break. Knowing her hobby she was probably in her vegetable patch tending her babies...?

Anyway, when he got there he saw her pale hair shaking as she was crouching doing something.

"I like him."

"I don't like him."

"I like him."

"I don't like him."

"I like him."

"I don't like him."

"I like him."

Amane froze. 

Don't tell me she's still hung over Teru?

Despite the pang of jealousy he had, he made his way to her.

"Yashiro?" He called out. He cringed inside in fear that she could hear the flame of anger in it.

"Amane?" unfortunately, she didn't. Amane couldn't help but be a bit disappointed about it.

 He smiled as he lowered himself to her level.

"Can you... Meet me at the park? Near the biggest sakura tree on the hill after school?" He said slowly as he rubbed the back of his head, trying to act cool.

"Y-yeah!"

"Good! See you then." With that, he turned around on his heels and left her there feeling like he won at being mysterious while laidback.