The Adventures of Merlin, Series 4: Chapter 30, Part 1

Start from the beginning

I tell them I want to go practice my flute and leave them.

I wander down the corridor after retrieving my flute from my chambers and sit down on a bench. I hover my fingers over the holes before touching one, making a beautiful note ring out.

My fingers then continue to dance over the holes in a beautiful melody, my eyes closing as I let the music drift me away.

I open my eyes when I finish the song, and say, "How long are you just going to watch me from the doorway, Lancelot?"

I look up with a smile as he starts, blinking his dark eyes. "Oh, forgive me, Your Highness! I did not mean to intrude. I'll go now—"

He goes to leave but I stop him and wave Lancelot over

He goes to leave but I stop him and wave Lancelot over. "No, please, Lancelot! I'm not mad. If you wish to listen, you may join me. Unless you have elsewhere to be?"

"Not really," He says. Lancelot crosses the room and sits beside me on the bench. "You do not mind if I stay and watch for awhile?"

I shake my head. "No. I enjoy your company."

"You play the flute beautifully, Astrid," Lancelot says.

"Thank you. I've played it for Merlin a few times in the past, and he's also really loved it. When will you finally tell her?" I ask suddenly, making the dark haired man blink his eyes a few times.

He knew who and what I was referring to, though. He says, "I can't, Astrid. She's in love with him, and she's happy. I will not get in between them." I give Lancelot a sad smile. "What about you and Merlin? You two have been seen together a lot recently."

I blush as I reply, "Nothing else has happened between us yet, Lancelot. Merlin doesn't want to push it after Derek."

"I understand. Are you excited for the feast?"

"I'm really excited for it!" I chime. "Would you like me to play something?" I hood up my flute. He nods.

I bring the instrument to my lips and began a soft melody.

Later, I've changed into my beautiful long sleeved pink and white dress, my hair done mostly in a bun with the rest loose around my shoulders, the dress hugging the curves of my body. My tiara of moonstones sits on my head.

I'm wearing a matching pink silver jewellery set, as well.