𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭 𝐮 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐨 𝐜 𝐭 𝐨

M A R C I D
(adj). withered; incredibly exhausted.

•   •   •

"I have a weird feeling," Landon walked into the living room where pretty much everyone sat, rubbing his stomach as he had a weird look on his face.

"Maybe you ate something bad." Isa told him and he shook his head, glancing at me and I knew what he meant.

Landon's gut feelings are pretty accurate so every time he says something like this, it worries me. Even if it turns out to be something not so relevant, it still gives me a nervous edge.

"It's probably nothing." He brushed it off and now I looked at Alec who was looking through his brows at me, a worried look scrunched on his face as we kept eye contact.

I sighed, looking away as Lorenzo scrolled through his emails, my legs on his lap as he placed his laptop on top of my legs; casually rubbing my thigh here and there.

"Are we going out for dinner or staying in?" Dominic asked as he walked down the stairs, catching our attention.

"Out, I guess?" Alec spoke.

"No one's cooked so..." Cesar told us as he ate a spoonful of the mac and cheese the chef had made not too long ago.

"No you ate all the food that was just made," Mason rolled his eyes. "Jackass."

"You ate a serving of twelve people?" Dominic asked astonished with his brows furrowed in concern. Cesar has a weirdly large appetite and it's weird considering how slim he is.

"Not exactly twelve... I'd say about eight." That is still a whole lot of food.

"Lord." Dominic muttered as he sat down on the couch next to Shanaya who was on the verge of falling asleep.

"Fuck off, Cesar," Flavio entered the living room as he held an empty food tray. "You ate all the mac and cheese?!" He glared at Cesar -- Cesar eyeing Flavio as a spoon of the mac and cheese hovered in front of his lips.

"Oops?" Cesar grinned and Flavio clenched his jaw.

"Don't you dare." Flavio threatened him as I amusingly watched the two idiots argue.

Cesar glanced between the two before he shoved the spoon in his mouth, Flavio frustratedly groaning before storming back into the kitchen.

"Let's go out for dinner before Flavio commits a crime." Lorenzo shut his laptop and we all agreed, Cesar being the first one.

This isn't healthy, it can't be.

"Someone roll me inside." Cesar groaned as he held his stomach, groaning each time he moved an inch.

"You're disgusting." Flavio pulled a look as he walked past Cesar, my eyes lowering to the ground as I laughed at the bickering.

Wait, what is this?

My laugh instantly died down, brows furrowed in worry as I observed the snow.

"What?" Cesar asked and I snapped out of it, shaking my head.

I'm probably just being paranoid, it's nothing.

We all headed up the stairs to the front yard of the villa, my eyes still on the snow.

I thought I saw footprints that didn't belong to us but now I can't even confirm my suspicion because everyone just trampled over it.

Fuck.

I eyed the house, the lights on upstairs but I remember they were already on before we left. I stood still for a moment, observing the windows and this feels off.