𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐭 𝐮 𝐨 𝐫

D É P A Y S E M E N T
(n.) when someone is taken out of their own familiar world into a new one

• • •

My vision blurred as I groaned in pain, laying on the cold ground with the tiny pebbles digging into my back.

I could hardly move my fingers as I stared up at the night sky, listening to the bullets rain down like thunder, not too far from me. I wheezed, trying to breathe in properly, which I could, coughing up blood every now and then as I could see the darkness before my eyes, welcoming me in it's arms, wanting me to give up on life so easily and accept it and give in to it's ease.

I could feel everything around me spin, my vision going blurry every now and then, black spots consuming my view as I tasted the metallic blood on my tongue.

"Amara!" I heard my name, someone calling out to me; giving me the slightest hope on fighting for my life, to not give in to the comforting darkness.

"Amara!" Again.

"Amara!" I clenched my jaw, trying to fight it. "Amara—"

"Amara?" I snapped my eyes open, breathing heavily as I could feel intensity of this nightmare still clinging onto me.

My mouth agape, breathing hard as I looked around to familiarise myself with this unknown location, to only see the man who knocked me out right before my eyes.

Not something I wanted to see after what I just went through.

"Welcome back." He smirked down at me and I felt reality hit me once again.

Oh God, it felt so real this time. Not again, it can't happen again.

Feeling relieved that my nightmare wasn't my reality, I sighed with relief as I threw my head back, staring at the plain ceiling as I caught my breath. "Fuck." I muttered to myself.

I looked back straight, to see him eyeing me with an unfamiliar look in his eyes, burning with so much emotion, with so many questions.

"Please tell me you're—" He cut me off. He really went there.

"Dominic," He butted in, crossing his arms as he studied me, not making eye contact. "I hear you've been looking for me," He suddenly got up, so tall from where I sat, walking around me as I felt bliss in his cologne that clouded around me.

I felt somewhat of a relief, knowing that our search has come to an end so soon, but a sense of wavering discomfort lingered in my mind on how he got to me so quick. This is new and not a good kinda new.

"And where have you heard this from?" I shouldn't be annoying when I'm taken hostage like this. Really, I'm in no position to be like this.

Though, being annoying will at least distract me from my shooting heartbeat.

"Why have you been looking for me, Amara?" My name rolled of his tongue so smoothly like velvet.

"To reform our alliance," I told him honestly. "It would've been nice if you and your people kept in contact with the only family who has your back," I could feel his presence so close to me and let's be honest, he needs to back up. "If you would've done something as simple as that, none of us would've had to go through the trouble of finding you." My voice dripped with annoyance, like really, I'm tired right now.

"Well," He chuckled deeply, his presence now in front of me as his dark hair was tousled, shadowing over his eyes. "I'm here now." His long finger curled underneath my chin, making me look up at him; tingling of butterflies rushed in my stomach.