𝐬 𝐞 𝐱 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚

U K I Y O
(n.) "the floating world"; living in the moment, detached from the bothers of life

• • •

The night was long and dragged on forever, no one ready to leave even though time had passed by one in the morning.

I ended up being interviewed by the media with Alec, that was easier and the better option anyways. The only words I exchanged with Dominic was 'good night' before I got into Lorenzo's car and when he took Mila home.

Sighing, I rested my head on the leather seats of Lorenzo's car, the cold of it relaxing against my hot body.

I can't get Atlas's face out my head; he looked sickly, pale like he was dying... or he was dead — he is just a fragment of my twisted imagination, no more and no less.

"Now that I'm relaxed, I'm just realising how heavy all of this is." I muttered as I started taking out my heavy, diamond earrings; relief of comfort washing over my ears from being free.

"Yeah, I bet," Lorenzo chuckled. "Each time I helped you with your dress it felt like it was gonna consume me, shit's heavy." He jerked a brow and I pulled a face.

"Oh, please, you helped me with my dress once." I pointed out and he sniggered, blowing a raspberry and here comes out the concealed version of his childish side.

"Okay and?" He raised a brow, subtly moving his hand from the gear and to my thigh, just above my knee and I took in a deep breath. "Plus, it's not like I could help, Flavio slapped my hand away five times when I tried to help," Lorenzo rolled his eyes, his thumb running circles on my thigh and I was focusing more on that now.

"Well, I don't blame him." I joked and he gasped like a girl, pulling his hand away from my thigh and I reacted quickly not liking what he did.

"From now, keep your hands to yourself and I will do the same," He pressed his lips together, watching the road before turning the steering wheel with one hand, turning to the left.

"Okay, sure because you're gonna do that." I laughed teasingly and he eyed me before looking back at the empty road.

"I'm a very persistent man." He admitted, acting all egotistical and I laughed at him again, the sound of my laugh filling the atmosphere and he kept glancing with a smile.

"Okay then," I nodded, facing him completely. "This entire night, you don't touch me and I won't touch you," I dared him and he raised a brow, pursing his lips as he thought about it.

"What do I get if I win?" He asked with a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?" I questioned him and he smiled, glancing at me.

"A date." I felt a tingling burn on my cheeks and I suppressed a smile. "The entire day, your mine... no phones, no other people, just you and me." My heart skipped a beat and I slowly nodded.

"Sounds perfect." It really does.

He seemed way more than satisfied with my answer. "What do you want if you win — of course you're not gonna win but still." He jokingly sighed and rolled his eyes and I laughed, a full grin on my face before I thought about it.

I got it! "A kitten!" I exclaimed and he raised a brow.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded eagerly, it's not like I can't get myself a kitten but this will be nice.  "Alright, love, a kitten it is."

We reached Lorenzo's house and to say the place was a dream was an understatement. The whole house had a black interior, led lights everywhere I turned, the living room had dim yellow ones and once Lorenzo took me to his room, they were red.