𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐝 𝐫 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐬

M I R K
(n.) partially or totally dark; gloomy

• • •

"Where have you been?" Dominic asked his brother who charged through the empty hallway of the hospital floor, standing up.

Lorenzo clenched his jaw, a never ending debate running in his mind whether he should tell his brother what he had just found out.

"Allora," He answered shortly and Dominic wasn't satisfied with such a lousy answer.

He's been gone for three hours, what could he possibly do there for that long when Amara's here?

"Enzo," Vincenzo was walking with a diary in his hand; an old diary but still preserved so well like forbidden treasure. "I don't understand shit, you read it." Vincenzo was quick to give Lorenzo custody of the book, a red ribbon hanging out of the book to show where Vincenzo had read up to and it was definitely not much.

"Fine," Lorenzo dreaded it but it has to be done, he's probably the only one who'll understand this.

After all, it is his late father's diary.

Lorenzo sighed but his attention was caught by his disturbed brother; noticing Amara's blood smeared on his tanned skin and shirt.

"Vincenzo and I will stay," Lorenzo pursed his lips as he tapped his fingers on the thick diary. "You should go back home, get cleaned up," Lorenzo and Vincenzo themselves never managed to do that, still sitting with Amara's blood on their hands.

"No—" 'Now is not the time to be stubborn', the thought crossed Lorenzo's mind.

"Take the kid with you, he isn't in the right state of mind to be here," Both brothers turned to look at a broken Landon; slumped in the metal chair, his eyes in his hands, tear stained cheeks and sunken eyes.

"Fine," Dominic sighed with pity for him.

After a good moment of convincing Landon to leave, Dominic and Landon were heading out, Mila had rushed off before.

"Brother," Lorenzo stopped Dominic, the specific name bugging him as he couldn't exactly pin point where he had heard it.

"Yes?" Dominic as he popped his phone in his pocket, turning back to his confused yet frustrated brother.

"Does the name Augustine sound familiar to you?" Now that name did ring a bell in Dominic's head, so familiar as if he knows a person with that name but a face didn't pop up to go with the name.

"It does..." He muttered but just then Landon had heard it, the name familiar to him too.

"Augustine?" Landon asked and all three men snapped their attention to the boy who was the only one there with somewhat knowledge about Augustine.

"Do you know him?" Vincenzo asked and Landon eyed them all, not knowing what they're exactly on about.

"Augustine isn't a him..." Landon trailed on, the confusion only now growing in Lorenzo's crowded head.

"So?" Lorenzo asked, curiosity building in him.

"Augustine is Alec's restaurant in New York—"

"Oh! Of course!" Dominic jerked his hand, everything flooding back into his head as he grinned. "Mara took me there for lunch but the place got shot up—"

"—By Augustine's men..." Vincenzo was onto something but Lorenzo clicked his tongue as he tilted his body to look at his friend.

"No," He shook his head. "That isn't a possibility, Enzo, we spoke about this..." Lorenzo was calm but he was frustrated alright. Just as he thinks they're getting somewhere it ends up back in a circle.