𝐪 𝐮 𝐢 𝐧 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐬

M A R C I D
(adj.) withered; incredibly exhausted.

• • •

"Motherfucker." I shot the last guy standing right in the head, watching his lifeless corpse collapse to the ground so effortlessly.

"Ew." Flavio muttered as the guy's blood and brains splattered on his face. Oops, didn't see him there.

"You are so useless," I pointed the gun at Grey who was sprawled on the ground, groaning in pain. "Get the fuck up." I shook my head.

"That bitch kicked me in the balls," Grey kicked the lifeless woman's body that was next to him. I mean, I would too, sorry not sorry Grey.

"Oh, you have balls?" Dominic dusted his clothes as he tucked his gun back into his holster. "What a surprise." Dominic laughed to himself as he walked past me with a cheeky wink, me not impressed one bit.

"Yeah, the same balls that were clapping against your bitch's cheeks—" Suddenly we were all startled by Dominic shooting — not exactly at Grey but next to him; a terrified Grey who jumped.

"You're a 32 year old man," Dominic looked down at him. "Act your age." And with a scowl on his face he walked off to the bench, sitting on it as he lifted his shirt to reveal his tan skinned abs.

Holy shit.

He slouched as he eyed the scratch a knife left on him, another mark on his abdomen, a bruise that'll turn purple by tomorrow.

I looked back at Grey quickly, giving him a hand to get up as I gave him a look; narrowing my eyes at him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked him and Grey scowled. "Do you like being humiliated like that because on your behalf, that was pretty embarrassing." I shook my hand, wiping the blood on his white shirt that was already stained.

"Shut up, why are you team Dominic all of a sudden?" He rolled his eyes as he pulled of his torn suit jacket, throwing it on the ground.

"Dominic was right," I jerked a brow. "This isn't about taking sides, grow up." I scoffed as I turned around to walk away from him, seeing Flavio standing near us, listening as he leaned against a tree with a teasing smirk. "What are you smiling at?" I gave him my middle finger which made him instant drop his smirk, watching me walk away to sit by Dominic.

"I was right, huh?" Dominic asked teasingly and I rolled my eyes. Here we go.

"Don't let it get to your head," I rubbed my sore knuckles, not looking at him.

"Too late, darling." He smirked as he threw his arm around my shoulder. His body warmth radiated onto me, warming me up as I felt like I wanted to lean into him, give into the comfort but I suppressed my emotions. Sitting still next to him I couldn't help but stare at Flavio who was typing away on his phone.

He looks horrible, a mess.

His eyes were sunken, his dark circles worse than ever; his hair messy but not in a nice way, his cheeks hollow as if he hasn't ate well recently.

"You haven't spoken to Flavio, have you?" I muttered just so Dominic would hear, his head snapping to look at me.

"Mar..." Dominic sighed as he rested his palm on my shoulder. "No one can help him except you," Yeah, sure. "You're all he cares about." I felt a giddy feeling in my heart, feeling bad at the same time feeling as if I failed him in a way.

"Maybe he shouldn't..." I muttered as I fiddled with the thumbs, my eyes drifting away for a second before I looked back at Flavio.

"Stop worrying about him," Dominic rubbed my arm and I felt warm. "He was shitting himself about seeing you all this time but now that you're here, just talk to him—"