𝐯 𝐢 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐢 𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐦

E C C E D E N T E S I A S T
(n.) someone who hides pain behind a smile

• • •

"Good morning you beautiful people." I faked on a happy and good mood, hoping if I fake it enough I'd feel like that for real.

"What's got you in a good mood?" Wade asked as he sat in the same spot as yesterday, at the table.

"It's a new day, a beautiful day," I smiled as I sat down next to him with a half sleepy Flavio on my other side. "And a little positivity takes you a long way." I smiled at Wade to see a smile appearing on his own lips.

"You made that rhyme," He laughed and I so did I, not realising that I did. "Thank you for that lovely speech, made me feel beautiful." I chuckled at him, turning to face the front where Dominic sat, scrolling on his phone as usual, his hair still a mess.

"You're welcome." I smiled as I grabbed a mug and poured myself some coffee, adding no sugar or milk because I really need black coffee; for Landon, I'm trying to cut down on how much I drink so hopefully caffeine will do the trick.

"What's wrong with you?" Mila asked as she poked Flavio's shoulder just as he was on the verge of falling asleep, making him snap awake as he groaned.

"Mara, that's what wrong with me," He smacked my thigh, grabbing my mug out my hand. "Mine now," He muttered and I shrugged.

Mila laughed as she sat next to Dominic. "Oh, Amara, what did you do to him?" She laughed and I shook my head.

"He kept putting his nasty and hairy legs on me all night," I complained and Flavio pulled a face of disgust as he took a sip of my coffee.

"Shit, ew, take it back," He handed me the mug, grabbing a piece of toast, stuffing it in his mouth. "Who the fuck drinks black coffee, you psycho." He spoke with his mouthful.

Why is that in the morning he's like a caveman but progressively throughout the day he evolves into a gentleman.

"Wait, you guys slept together?" Mila asked and Wade choked on his coffee, laughing because this is new for Mila.

"Yes but not in the way you think," Flavio told her as he grabbed another mug, pouring himself coffee.

"Is there something we should know about, you two?" She smirked as she held a cup of tea in her hands.

Ugh, kill me.

"We're best friends, nothing more, nothing less." I told her sweetly, sipping my black coffee and she nodded.

"'Best friends'." Dominic snarked underneath his breath, still on his phone and I chose to ignore as so did Flavio.

"Good morning," Landon entered the balcony, ruffling my hair as he walked past, sitting next to Mila.

"Morning." I chirped and everyone replied to him too.

"Hey, Mar," I looked over at Landon, diverting my gaze from Dominic. "I was wondering if I can go to the beach, it's better than this one for surfing," He told me and I nodded. "It's not too far like a ten minute walk." I like the idea of him wanting to have fun for once, bet he's not really used to that.

"You going alone?" I asked as I picked up a piece of toast, not failing to notice the glance Dominic gave me.

"Nah, I'm going with him," Flavio looked up and Landon nodded. "I need to catch a tan." Is he stupid?

"You don't need a tan, you're already tanned." I told him and he rolled his eyes.

"I wanna be more tanned." He huffed like a child and now it was my turn to roll my eyes.