𝐧 𝐨 𝐯 𝐞 𝐧 𝐝 𝐞 𝐜 𝐢 𝐦

Q U E R E N C I A
(n.) a place from which one's strength is drawn, where one feels at home; the place where you are your most authentic self.

• • •

Sometimes you meet someone and in those few minutes when your eyes lay upon one another; when you get the slight rush in your veins; it becomes so clear to you that there is that connection on some level. Whether it is as lovers, as friends or just as family, even if you're partners in crime, you can feel that connection so fulfilling.

It's not just coincidence that these people come into your life out of nowhere and have such an effect on you and your life in such a small amount of time. I don't know if this really is just coincidence or fate, maybe just luck but hell, whatever it is... it makes me believe in something.

Just then you start becoming closer to these people -- or person, noticing every little thing of theirs; the way tiny wrinkles form around their inscrutable eyes, the subconscious jaw clenching, the faint and rare white strands of hair that try and peek out when the sun hits the dark locks.

I do believe everything happens for a reason but what I don't get is what his reason could be.

"Are you okay?" Dominic whispered in my ear, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear as I stared out the window, my head rested on his shoulder.

"Yeah," I whispered back, my eyes looking up at him, hovering between reality and my thoughts.

He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me into his comforting side as I rested my head. His head on mine as we both look out two different windows, watching the rain patter against the glass, Arctic Monkeys playing in the background.

I heard Dominic hum to the song, lightly singing under his breath as I felt the vibrations from his chest on my arm.

"I wanna be yours..." He sung and I clenched my jaw as I heard him sing. He carried on singing, his finger tracing circles on my thigh. "Wanna be yours," I hummed the tune as he sang, his head turning to look at me as I looked up at him, from the side.

"Secrets I have held in my heart," He sung again.

"Are harder to hide than I thought," Now I sung and a small smile appeared on his lips.

"Maybe I just wanna be yours," He sung as he traced his long finger across my jaw.

"I wanna be yours." I smiled back at him and even though I felt the lyrics we just sung had more of an intention than just singing, I pushed that thought aside.

We sat in comfort, listening to the song as his finger rhythmically tapped on my thigh; my eyes catching the sight of Flavio through the rear-view mirror, his dark eyes holding a hint of mischief as he sent me a wink, signalling to Dominic with his eyes.

I rolled my eyes with a smirk, looking away from the mirror and back out the window; the heavy rain pattering against the glass so gently, the beats of the drops touching the hard surface of the glass creating a calm atmosphere around us.

My mind drifted off to it's thoughts, speaking of... when are we going Italy? This whole trip just keeps getting delayed more and more.

"Dominic?" My voice was soft as I eyed him, looking through my lashes as I watched his loosened jaw, looking out the window.

"Yes, love?" He asked, a few seconds later looking down at me; his eyes so light compared to usual; the reflection from the window reflecting in his warm eyes.

"When are we leaving for Italy?" I asked and he smiled softly, his hand that was on my thigh now reaching for my hair.

"Funny you ask," He twirled a strand in his finger. "Tomorrow." He said as if it wasn't a big deal.