The poor girl hadn’t mentioned it and I doubt she even realised what day of the week it was never mind her birthday after everything she’d been through. She’d mentioned a few things when we’d been alone, I knew she felt safe with me, she felt some kind of pull even she didn’t know what it was and now she was thirteen and according to her brother of Beta blood too she’d shift anytime from now until god knows when and when she did she’d know. She’d know she was my mate, yeah she was young and I knew she wouldn’t be ready for a long time but as long as she knew I was here waiting for her protecting her that was enough for me for now.

“Logan” she screamed in her sleep snapping me from my thoughts and making me run over to her to see her thrashing about in her bed sobbing. I couldn’t believe she’d shouted for me, the past three weeks she’d been shouting Carter, calling for him to save her, to help her but today, no today she’d shouted my name.

“Sush, Frankie its ok I’m here” I soothed shaking her slightly waking her up making her jump and scream, her dark eyes steaming with tears as I engulfed her in my arms.

“Logan” she sobbed falling into my arms shaking as I held her tightly and stroked her long black hair in an attempt to soothe her.

“Sush, it’s a dream. It’s ok your safe now” I cooed rocking her back and forth as my heart broke for the pain she was in as she sobbed into my chest

She just looked up at me leaving my t-shirt wet through with her tears as she whimpered, her dark eyes locking with my own making me gulp hoping to god I could control myself for the next few years.

“You saved me” she whimpered again as I smiled the best I could wiping her tears with my hands and sighing as she trembled beneath them.

“Oh Frankie, I will always save you. You’re safe with me” I said pulling her back into my chest knowing I couldn’t look into those beautiful eyes without crumbling and telling her everything and I couldn’t do that she wasn’t ready she was too young for any of this. 

“I know, you’re the only person I do feel safe with Logan, thank you”  she trembled into my chest as she spoke the words that hit me like a tonne of bricks.

“Don’t thank me; there is absolutely nothing to thank me for. I will always be here. Just go back to sleep I won’t leave you” I whispered to her fighting back the tears and the loneliness I was feeling knowing I loved her more than life its self and there was absolutely nothing I could do it about.

A few hours past and she’d fallen back to sleep on my chest, her tiny body moulded into my side as if it knew that’s where it was meant to be. Sighing quietly and brushing a strand of hair behind her ear I kissed her cheek softly trying my best to ignore those damn shocks I’d heard Harley and Flynn mention so many times and slowly eased her down onto the bed covering her up. She looked lost in Harleys massive bed and huge quilt but she was safe and she wasn’t having any more nightmares, she was just sound asleep.

Taking one last look I crept from the room slowly not knowing what to do, I was lost and I mean seriously lost. How can one person be so lonely, so empty yet whole at the same time? I yearned for the day she knew she wanted me, she was ready, I wanted to kiss her feel her skin against mine and the fact I couldn’t was driving me insane. I was so angry that I found her now, why couldn’t I have met her two or three years down the line, so she knew she was mine, so we could be together. But no that didn’t happened I’d found her now and I’d have to wait for her.

I took a look at my bedroom door and walked the completely opposite way down the stairs looking at all the pictures littered on the wall. Pictures of all the family, when everything was good, normal and when everything was simple, when we could just go about our lives carefree like nothing mattered but playing in the mud and being happy.