oh, does he have a name

"Well, we have to call you something, we can't just keep on reffering to you as 'the boy with amnesia' firstly because it's too long and secondly because it just sounds weird" sheriff Victor said, looking at the brown haired boy that was sitting on his couch, hugging his dog.

"And what? I don't remember my name and if I get used to some different name, I might forget my identity forever, which may result in multiple personality disorder, or something like that, the doctor said so" the boy replied, allowing the dog to run off.

"Well, we can think of a nickname of some kind" the sheriff said and before he could continue dog barking was heard.

"Probably just a postman, you know how dogs are" Victor smiled, the boy nodding.

"That bring me to an idea, I will just introduce you as my consultant from now" the sheriff said.

"If you feel like it" the boy said simply, letting the dog on his lap as it has just come back.

The sheriff thought the boy he had uninteintionaly adopted was weird in a good way and he was sure that he would rather not give him up, so he sort of hoped the boy would never remember who he is, Victor knew it was wrong to wish that, but the boy was a big help to all his cases, he saw clearly to other people's minds.

"What if I showed you around the city, maybe you'll remember something" Victor said sudenly.

"Okay, and can we take Pumpkin as well?" the boy said excitedly, turning to sheriff.

"Sure, I think there's no problem if he does" the sheriff said, looking at his dog.

"Still seems weird that a sheriff would name his dog something so sweet" the boy said.

"Yeah, I didn't. Carie did" Victor said with a smile.

"Who?" the brunette asked.

"I will introduce you to her today, she works at pub. Her parents died in a car crash when she was little, so I took care of her, she lived with me when I bought the dog and insisted on naming him Pumpkin" Victor explained with a smile.

"Then why did you never had your own kids?" the boy asked, slightly crossing the line.

"Well, I never had time to find a wife in the first place, if I can give you advice then work shouldn't be on the first place, and you should find love and happiness, that's what is important" the sheriff said with a sad smile.

"I'll try my best, even if I never remember, but I believe I will one day" the brunette said.

..

Few hours later the two with their dog finally reached the pub. Short haired blonde girl around the same age as the boy ran towards them.

"Hey pops, how have you been, it's been a while. Who's this?" she said, hugging the sheriff for a second.

"Well, I supposed you already heard, but that's my consultant" Victor explained.

"Oh, does he have a name?" she asked, looking at the boy with a soft smile.

"I do, however no one knows it and I can't remember" he explained.

"Oh, you're the amnesia guy Bill talked about, he got pretty mad about the hay" the girl laughed softly.

"I'm Carie, by the way" she smiled, holding her hand out.

"Nice to meet you, Carie" the boy said, shaking hands with her, both of them smiling.

The two talked for a while as Victor walked inside to get a bear or two.

"So, you named him Pumpkin?" the boy asked.

"Well, yeah. I just really love Halloween, what else to say" Carie laughed embarrasedly.

"I love Halloween too, I think I mean I like it now, dunno if I do actually" the boy mummbled to himself.

"Well, then you should deffinetly come to my Halloween party, I can try to guess your zodiac sign and your birthdate and maybe your identity if we're lucky" Carie said excitedly.

"Maybe, but I'm not sure I believe in this thing" the boy said, rather scared.

"Oh, well then we don't have to do that, we can just have fun or watch scary movies, my friends don't believe in that either, so they'll enjoy this better" Carie said, just as excitedly as before.

"Alright, sounds fun" the boy smiled at her and she smiled back.