Chapter 1037 - Chapter 1040

Chapter 1037: My Fate is What I Say It is!

With Jun Mo Xie's intelligence, just by listening to the tone in that sentence, he already had some understanding in his heart.

As expected, he heard Miao Qing Cheng continue. "At that time, this old man simply laughed and said: It is difficult to change fate, but there are ultimately variables that can be changed. As the saying goes, life depends on human effort. It's not that there are no solutions; as long as there's a person with keen enough senses to detect the luck before it dissipates completely, one could theoretically use the lives of millions of living beings as the price, to steal the sky and put up a sham sun, forcefully transferring the luck from another to himself. 

That way, there would naturally be great changes that could affect everything. Theoretically, this is a feasible move; but in reality, the risks are even greater. The moment it fails, not only would the family involved be destroyed, the consequences would be so great that they would become doomed beyond redemption..."

Speaking to this point, he paused and sighed heavily.

"Of my eight disciples, the sixth, Zhan Kuang, could be said to have the best talent. If he could focus wholeheartedly on cultivation, his achievements would not necessarily be inferior to this old man's now." Miao Qing Cheng said with some regret. "From that day on, he fell onto the wrong path!"

"Senior should not blame yourself. These results are unavoidable. That year, you revealed the results of your divination in front of all your disciples, and only named the Zhan Family to be set for destruction, while everyone else was destined to be fine. It is natural for Zhan Kuang to feel uncomfortable in his heart." Jun Mo Xie said. "Was that why he decided to pass down the instructions to his family? To change the fate of the Zhan Family?"

"No!" Miao Qing Cheng shook his head. "Many years later, the other seven disciples left the world one after the other. That year, this old man had set a house rule that my disciples would not be allowed to recultivate using their Holy Infants. Because although doing so would allow them to cultivate with twice the speed at half the effort, the Heavenly Punishment they would face would be four times that of normal circumstances! 

And they would sooner or later end up with the tragic result of bodily and spiritual destruction! In that case, they would be better off choosing to reincarnate in the proper way, cultivating from the start. As long as their souls were not destroyed, there would be a day they could return to their former strength and it would be easier to cross through the last barrier! When the seven disciples passed away, this old man left a spiritual mark on each of their souls to ensure that they reincarnated safely. As long as they worked enough, they could still stand loftily atop the world, gazing over all mortals...

"But Zhan Kuang defied this old man's commands and did not choose to reincarnate and start over!" Miao Qing Cheng said angrily. "At that time, the Nine Nether Young Masters had already started to appear. Out of respect for Master, I sternly commanded the entire Misty Illusory Manor to never kill the Nine Nether Young Masters! They could chase after or subdue the latter, but they must never wound fatally to kill! That year, the Nine Nether Sixth Young Master was sweeping unhindered through the pugilistic world, and the entire three Holy Lands had already conceded that they could not control him. Out of nowhere, Zhan Kuang suddenly took the initiative to fight!

"After that battle, the Nine Nether Sixth Young Master suffered heavy injuries, and before he could escape back to the Nine Nether Pathway, he was killed by the joint force of the Holy Lands! As for Zhan Kuang, he completely disappeared without a trace! According to some, his divine soul had been thoroughly extinguished because of that fight!