Chapter 16 - Chapter 25

Chapter 16 - Li You Ran

"The Third Young Master Jun is very straightforward," Meng Haizou praised Jun Mo Xie. "Your heroism goes beyond the Heavens... as is expected from the Third Young Master of the Jun family. You're just like your grandfather... just the way he was in his heroic days." His tone was dripping with sarcasm. However, the original Jun Mo Xie wouldn't have been able to understand it.

Meng Haizou looked at Tang Yuan and said, "We were playing a game of dice with Young Master Tang. But, he wasn't able to continue the game. How about resuming the game of dice? Is the Third Young Master Jun game for it?" Tang Yuan's face became red as he heard these words. However, he didn't say anything.

"A game of dice?" Jun Xie exclaimed, "Why would I fear a game of dice?" He thought, [They're trying to provoke me again. The original Jun Mo Xie would've easily fallen for something like this if he had heard these words!]

"I'm up for it..." Dugu Xiao Yi spoke-up in an excited tone. A confused expression appeared on Meng Haizou's face as he heard her voice.

"Hurry up! Serve tea to the guests," Li Feng ordered hurriedly.

Several cups of tea immediately arrived, and were placed in front of the guests. Tang Yuan gulped down the contents of his cup in one go. He then wiped his mouth and said, "Third Young Master Jun, your brother is counting on you. You must help me in venting out my anger."

Jun Xie laughed in an overwhelming manner, and reached for his cup of tea. Meanwhile, he looked at the faces present at the table.

He became suspicious as he noticed the delighted faces of Li Feng and Meng Haizou. He brought the cup of tea close to his nose. He then sniffed it, and slammed it on the table. "Is this the quality of tea that you serve to your customers? It's very disappointing."

A sniff of the tea was enough for Jun Xie to detect the presence of a drug in it. The aroma of the tea was similar to that of opium. A person's state of mind would be hugely affected once they had consumed this drug. However, they drug may not have an adverse effect on one's body. Jun Xie noticed that the color of Meng Haizou's robe was extremely bright, and it was embroidered in a disorderly fashion. Moreover, a strange smell was emanating out of it. Jun Xie understood that Meng Haizou's clothing — coupled with his scent and the drug — could lead a person to lose his or her mind.

There seemed to be a problem with Meng Haizou's clothing and the tea. They all seemed to be connected. It was clear that there was an extremely skilled pharmacist behind these men.

Jun Xie now understood the reason behind Tang Yuan's extreme steps. He understood why Tang Yuan had pawned his wife.

Jun Xie looked at Dugu Xiao Yi's tea cup and realized that it hadn't been contaminated with drugs. Jun Xie understood that Li Feng and Meng Haizou didn't wish to provoke the Dugu family.

"What are you waiting for? Hurry up! Bring another cup of tea for the Third Young Master Jun," Li Feng shouted as he saw Jun Xie discard his cup of tea.

"Don't bother! I'm here to gamble... not to drink tea. I don't need to come here to enjoy a cup of tea. So, there's no need to replace it." Jun Xie then raised his head and gulped down the entire cup in one go.

"Now... hurry up... and start playing. I'm getting impatient."

Li Feng and Meng Haizou's faces brightened-up. "As you say, Third Young Master Jun." Then, they ordered a servant to lead their way. They soon entered into a vast empty hall. The only furniture inside that huge hall was a stone table and a dozen of chairs. Jun Xie and the others hadn't come across a single person on their way to this hall. It seemed that Li Feng had cancelled the entirety of his business activities in order to deal with Jun Mo Xie.