Chapter 301 - Chapter 310

Chapter 301 - That's How Ingredients Are Procured

He hadn't noticed that a group of soldiers had escorted over ten chariots to the Jun resident's gate. One team of soldiers was moving the boxes from the carts on to the ground. Each of those boxes was either bulky or delicate. And, the extremely pungent smell of medicines which had assailed his nostrils was originating from these boxes.

Fortunately, those boxes were being moved inside the house; not outside. Otherwise, Jun Mo Xie's first response would've been, "People have raided our house! They are confiscating our stuff!"

The scene was very chaotic to begin with. However, it didn't end there. A group of approximately fifty middle-aged men were scrambling around. They were calling-out-loud mournfully as they impleaded. This had made the entire situation even more chaotic.

[What is going on? What in the world is happening here? What is this?]

Jun Mo Xie walked through the crowd with suspicion and doubts in his mind. And, just when he was about to enter through the gate... he heard loud cries from his side. The mournful middle-aged men had come rushing towards him, and had started to kneel in front of him. Their faces were covered with snot and tears. They started to impleaded, "Young Master Jun, please be kind; please be generous and let us off! We wish you a long life! We pray you have a blessed life of hundred years, and you attain a great position in the court! Have pity on our small businesses! We have families to feed; please have mercy on us!"

Jun Mo Xie was stumped; [how am I related to this? What are they saying? They are making it seem like this Young Master is an evil man from the legends who forces girls into prostitution... like I am an evil tyrant who brings great misfortune and oppresses people! Who are these folks?! What is this?!]

"What's the matter?" Jun Mo Xie frowned. He knew that those merchants wouldn't dare to talk-back to someone of his stature. So, he asked a soldier standing at the side. But, the soldier merely shook his head. Unexpectedly, he wasn't aware of the reason behind that commotion either.

Just when the Young Master Jun started to feel gloomy — the ground started to shake. Then, a monstrous head arrived.

"I've brought the medicines you had asked for. The ones which were easily accessible, and the ones which weren't; I've brought them all." Fatty Tang chimed in his distinctive intonation. It seemed as if he were showing-off his treasures. He then extended his 'round-and-fat' bear's claw-of-a-hand to gesture. "And these are it! Your brother moved fast, and gave his hundred percent to the task!"

Jun Mo Xie felt somewhat dizzy; [I had told you to get as many ingredients for my medicines as you could. But, this is too much. And, what's the deal with these middle-aged men?] He couldn't help but blurt out, "How did you get so many ingredients? And, what's the matter with these people?"

"Ah! Young Master, everyone is on the same side. So, why do you speak so formally? And, why do you look so confused?" Tang Yuan squeezed through the crowd and winked; as if to imply a clear understanding between the two.

"Young Master Tang, Young Master Jun, please be kind to us. Please let us off! We beg you; leave some means for our survival!" The middle-aged men started to weep the moment they saw Tang Yuan. They then surrounded the two Young Masters, kneeled in front of them, and started to knock their heads on the ground.

"You..." Jun Mo Xie was stunned for a while. Then, he slowly started to understand what had happened... by-and-large. It seemed that Fatty Tang had gone to several pharmaceutical families, and had seized these ingredients from their stores. [And if I'm not mistaken... these people may not have been in a position to give-out such a large amount of raw material.]