Chapter 995 - Chapter 997

Chapter 995: Gathering of Big Shots

Although Bai Qi Feng and the other Saint Emperors' cultivation were high, they were simply loners who trained and adventured by themselves. Although such an unfettered state meant that their cultivation improved very rapidly, they would never understand how large families and sects worked.

That was a kind of politics!

In essence, the Misty Illusory Manor was simply a very large and unique country!

When it came to politics, unless they were charged with treason and rebellion, it was impossible for the ruling government to eradicate a large family like the Zhan Family, which had close to 10,000 years of foundation!

Even if the Misty Illusory Manor's Manor Lord wanted to, it would not necessarily be possible to wipe the Zhan Family away. Because if such a large power was suddenly removed, the power balance between all the large factions would be thrown off. And as a result, the entire Misty Illusory Manor would need a very long time to recover. In fact, it wouldn't be impossible for the ruling power to change hands...

These matters were only things that people involved in the politics of it would consider!

In contrast, these things were a little too complicated for Bai Qi Feng and the other Saint Emperors, and it was completely within reason for them to not understand!

Breakfast was finished soon, and at around three in the afternoon, Saint Emperor Cao Guo Feng returned with a black face. With a single look, it was obvious that things had not gone as well as anticipated...

"Those bastards of the Zhan Family! How infuriating! They're despicable to the extreme! To think that they actually pushed all the responsibilities to those guards... They claimed that those few guards had been unhappy with the Zhan Family, and their families had been suppressed because of some matter. As a result, they wanted to kill Mo Jun Ye so as to frame the Zhan Family..."

"What a nice tale! According to their words, the Zhan Family suddenly became completely innocent and was even the victim! Who would believe such words?!" Cao Guo Feng scolded angrily as his beard stood on their ends. "Confusing right and wrong, invert black and white, refer to the deer as a horse... to think that the whole family can achieve such a shameless realm! This is truly an eye-opening experience for this old man! No wonder they can become the number one aristocratic family of the Misty Illusory Manor!"

"F*cking bullsh*t!" Bai Qi Feng also exploded with rage. "If those guards were really so rebellious, would they dare place two of their most important disciples in their care? The six of them are all Venerable level experts. All of them are disobedient? Who the f*ck can believe this kind of nonsense! Are they taking us for three year olds to be fooled?"

"But that was exactly how they spun it! They simply confessed to family laws being too lax, causing such a serious incident. In response, the Manor Lord simply berated Zhan Wu Yun, telling him to return and punish all the disobedient subordinates, strengthening the family's disciplinary procedures... Finally... the matter was settled like that..." Cao Guo Feng said with some confusion and unhappiness as he slapped his thigh ruthlessly.

Bai Qi Feng was even more furious, directly standing up. "I'll go and look for Manor Lord immediately to convince him! We can't simply let this matter end just like that! If he doesn't give us a satisfactory explanation, this dad... I... will just go and barge my way into the Zhan Family! If we're no match for them in schemes, can't we at least beat them up?"

"Calm down, if you behave so rashly, even if we're in the right, we will become the ones in the wrong... Actually, the Manor Lord has also made some compensations for us. Mo Jun Ye will be allowed to enter the library twice every month to study. Besides that, the Manor Lord directly granted Jun Ye's entry to the Spiritual Herbal Gardens without the Zhan Family needing to make the request. In addition, the seven of us are allowed to go in together with him... Also, the Zhan Family was commanded to take out a good weapon for Jun Ye, as compensation for the scare he received..."