Part 3: Chapter 46 | Trial of King.

*WARNING: HOMOPHOBIA, STRONG SENSE OF VIOLENCE, AND LANGUAGE. TRIGGER-SOME TOPICS; ABUSE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT*

We sat on the right side of the courtroom; Which was packed, making the energy in the room tense. I looked back at my family sitting behind the short wooden fence, separating the parties and the watchers. They gave me an encouraging look. I believe this will be the trial that would determine if Elijah was guilty, which is ridiculous. I gave the cops solid evidence to bring justice but my attorney, Mr. Valerio seems adamant about presenting it to the court.

Both parties presented their opening statements, beginning stage two of trial.

"The prosecutor can now present their evidence," The Judge announced, silencing the room immediately.

"Thank you, your honor. Now with his consent, I'd like to bring up the victim as an eyewitness, as well as a few others," My attorney stated.

"Jamie Quill please step up to the witness box," The Judge instructed.

I got up quietly from my chair, not wanting to cause any unwanted noise. I was ushered to the box and, there I watched Elijah's parents staring at me with pure hatred. They refused to believe their son is mentally ill. On the other hand, Elijah's sister; Eliana, stared at me with remorse and guilt. She is the only one who didn't resent me. I still thank her for helping me that day at Niklaus's house just before I was taken into the woods and beaten to a pulp nearly being raped. Niklaus was taken into questioning when Elijah snitched on him. He was charged with five counts of assault and attempted rape, sentencing him to forty-seven years in prison. We won't be seeing him anytime soon.

I swore in before they proceeded to question me. They asked me about every occurrence, and I answered truthfully. One question made me stop and think. The opposing side tried to object but it was overruled by the judge.

"What triggered his sudden urge to hit you?"

"I have no clue and that is what scared me the most," I admitted.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I was living in fear while being with him. Anything I said or done would lead me to be abused," I said.

"Thank you, Jamie. That is all your honor," Mr. Valerio nodded at the Judge.

"Mr. Perez, would you like to cross-examine?" Ahh, so that's his name.

"No, your honor I have no questions for Mr. Quill."

"Very well then. Thank you, Mr. Quill you may now step down. Mr. Valerio, you may call forth your second witness,"

"Thank you, your honor. I'd like to call forth Natalie Manoff as a witness," Mr. Valerio announced.

I knew this was hard for Natalia, and I praise her for being strong.

"Mr. Manoff, could you explain to me what you saw that day when Elijah put his hands on Jamie?"

"I was walking into the living room and everything happened so fast. I saw Elijah punch Jamie in the face. I was scared for my life because I have never seen Elijah in such an angry state," Natalie admitted.

"Why is that?"

"Elijah is known to be a chill dude. Everyone loves him, and believe me when I say, everyone. It was just concerning to see him like that, especially towards his boyfriend. Elijah cheated on Jamie, so I have no idea why he would react like that," Natalie went off.

"Thank you, your honor."

"Mr. Perez?" The judge called.

"No your honor I  have no questions for Miss Manoff."